Electrical Maintenance Engineer - VR/26252
In this role you will assume responsibility for the electrical integrity of equipment and will provide full engineering support to the Production Team under the leadership of the Engineering Team Leaders and the Chief Engineer.
Key Duties / Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for planning and preventative maintaining and developing PPMs where possible.
- Resolving machine breakdowns to ensure maximum line efficiency of the production process.
- Assisting in maintaining the engineering stores by identifying parts and raising parts requisition forms for repairs and stock replenishment.
- Ensuring stores booking in and out procedures are being adhered to.
- Responsibility for ensuring current practices meet health and safety and food safety standards, and where possible that they exceed requirements.
The role is within an extremely fast paced environment. Applicants must have the ability to manage a busy and demanding workload, have strong organisational skills and be able to prioritise, be attentive to detail and be able to remain calm under pressure.
You must have a formal engineering qualification to at least City and Guilds level, ONC / HNC level or equivalent or extensive experience working as an Engineer in a manufacturing environment.
The ability to use electrical test equipment, read schematic diagrams with experience in single and 3 phase installations including motors, inverters and PLC’s is also required.
Shift Maintenance Engineers work an 8 day shift pattern where 4 consecutive shifts of 12 hours per day are worked, followed by 4 consecutive days off, rotating on a fortnightly basis between dayshift and backshift (48-hours per week). Dayshift is 6.00am to 6.00pm and nightshift is 6.00pm to 6.00am. However, there is also an option to work a 2-shift pattern, working 9 hours per day, rotating on a fortnightly basis between dayshift and backshift (45-hour week). The normal dayshift hours are 6.00am-3.00pm, and the normal backshift hours are 3.00pm-00.00, Monday to Friday. However, working times may vary and will depend on the demands of the role and the needs of the business.
TMM Recruitment INDTRA
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team