Electrical Maintenance Technician - VR/24555
The post holder is expected to carry out preventative/reactive maintenance and installation of the factory production plants electrical equipment, in a safe and competent manner in compliance with all relevant standards and regulations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of the Jobholder
- Carrying out fixed and portable appliance testing.
- Carrying out breakdown response including fault finding.
- General electrical installation and maintenance.
- Constructing control panels.
- Minimising production down time.
- Recording maintenance work carried out.
- Assisting Mechanical and Fabrication Engineers when required.
- Must be prepared to work shifts including nights.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Training
- Full recognised electrical apprenticeship.
- Good general standard of education.
- 18th edition qualification.
- ONC/HNC in Electrical Engineering or related subject.
- Be graded to approved standard.
- Practical experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of 3PH/1PH motor controls.
- Ability to fault find using drawings and schematics.
- Ability to work with most forms of cable and wiring mediums.
- Previous electrical maintenance within a factory production environment.
- Control panel construction.
- Repair knowledge of hand tools and equipment.
- Flexible with regard to working hours.
- Ability to work at heights from work platforms and scaffolds.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with written and spoken English.
- PC literate.
- Health and safety awareness
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and within a team.
- PLC knowledge and understanding.
- Clean UK driving licence.
TMM Recruitment INDTRA
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team