Electrical Workshop Supervisor – VR/23835
Overall responsibility for the Electricians by communicating, managing and controlling the shop floor activities of the Team. To supervise and advise on the application and quality of work undertaken by the Electrical Team. To provide assistance in carrying out repairs and servicing to Company equipment both onshore and offshore. To act as Technical Person with Executive Function for the UK Operational sites.
- Acting as Technical Person with Executive Function for electrical isolations and permits at Peterhead Site and Tullos when required.
- Communicating, managing and maintaining high levels of awareness and compliance to HSEQ policies and procedures.
- Directing the Electrical Team in ensuring that internal / client non-conformances actions are closed out and implemented.
- Ensuring that self and Team are aware and comply with all company, client and job specific procedures / legislation.
- Maintaining an active role in the identification of opportunities for continual improvement in the Company’s quality, health safety and environmental management system, and where appropriate assisting in the implementation of these improvements.
- Attending safety meetings with HSEQ / Client personnel as required.
- Assisting HSEQ Team in reporting, recording, investigating, and closing out any HSEQ incidents on site.
- Generating Permits to Work (Isolations & Risk Assessments).
- Conducting or ensuring that Toolbox Talks are conducted.
- Liaising with the Maintenance Manager on work scopes required for; supplies, maintenance, manufacturing and testing.
- Liaising with Product Line and Project and Asset Management Teams to obtain necessary information to assist and building new equipment as required.
- Sourcing information from third party vendors as necessary.
- Checking and applying maintenance to all company electrical equipment.
- Applying approved instructions to manufacture, repair, install or uninstall equipment and assets.
- Reviewing, recording and retaining documents for asset; examination, inspection and test in the maintenance job file.
- Reviewing, recording and retaining documents for materials, assemblies and new products in the asset job file.
- Reporting any faults and maintaining the up to date calibration information for electrical equipment.
- Working to equipment budgets in line with approvals, reporting any additional requirements and deficits.
- Participating in company sponsored training courses.
- Supplying Electrical Team with information and instructions as necessary. Leading, developing and motivating a skilled and effective T
- Providing support and regularly communicating with subordinate staff, both formally and informally, to ensure that expectations are understood, and the highest level of operations are achieved.
- Managing third party agents to maintain local staff qualifications against company approved instructions.
- Liaising with Management to determine appropriate manning levels for the Electrical Maintenance
- Setting performance targets for all processes and personnel for which you are responsible.
- Liaising with HR in respect of all recruitment and selection requirements, discipline and grievance issues and performance management according to policy and procedure.
- Liaising with Training and Competency Team to plan training for subordinate staff to enable effective performance and ensure their personal development is continued in order to meet the changes in the business.
Skills and Experience:
Qualifications / Training
- Certified Electrical Qualification.
- HNC / HND in Mechanical or Electrical Discipline.
- ComPex Certification.
- Inspection of electrical systems, fault finding, testing and repairs.
- Working with electrical schematic and wiring diagrams.
- Carrying out maintenance routines.
- Carrying out installations.
- Repairing breakdowns.
- Managing staff effectively.
- Working within drilling, drill cuttings management, solids control or drilling fluids disciplines.
- Experience in a similar role within the oil and gas industries.
Knowledge / Skills / Competencies
- Ability to work to a high standard at all times.
- Ability to develop and follow operational instructions.
- Dedicated to promoting a positive image of the Company.
- Responsible attitude towards safety and equipment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Able to maintain efficient running of several projects simultaneously.
- Service delivery orientated.
- Confident decision maker.
- Able to effectively communicate to all levels of the business.
- Ability to travel offshore / overseas when required.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team