Electrical and Controls Engineer - VR/21562
Currently recruiting for an experienced Electrical and Controls Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas service company based near Turriff in Aberdeenshire. Based on the location, a full driving licence and access to a car is essential.
Reporting to the Electrical and Hydraulic Team Lead, the Electrical and Controls Engineer will be expected to specify and design electrical control systems, specify hardware and IO schedules, and write and commission PLC and HMI software.
The Electrical and Controls Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Designing, specifying, sizing and selecting equipment required for the electrical control and monitoring of winching applications.
- Scoping of projects, including required control and drive system deliverables.
- Assisting with developing / checking work plans for Control Systems Team.
- Developing / checking / approving electrical design schematics.
- Developing / checking / approving electrical design deliverables.
- Providing technical guidance to the Lead Engineer and Project Team.
- Obtaining technical information from suppliers.
- Technically approving purchase requisitions / orders, as required.
- Writing, testing and commissioning PLC / HMI software.
- Constructing system functionality descriptions, including FDS and sales proposals.
- Producing and approving commissioning / testing procedures for electrical / electronic / control systems.
- Training and coaching Graduates and Apprentices.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A Degree qualification in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, or an HNC / HND qualification with an equivalent level of experience in a similar role.
- Relevant experience in control system design and PLC software.
- Experience with the Siemens TIA platform and PLC hardware.
- Experience with Siemens FH systems and CFC programming.
- Experience with Siemens PLC / HMI hardware selection and design.
- Experience of working with electrical switchgear and drive control equipment design.
- Knowledge of SCADA systems.
- Experience of writing technical specifications, such as FDS, FATs, OMMs, etc.
- Possessing the capability of producing technical and functional specifications, and developing electrical designs from concept through to testing / commissioning.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical.
- Electrical drive and motor specification experience.
- A Master’s Degree qualification in Electrical / Electronic Engineering.
- Chartered Engineer status, or working towards.
- Experience in the design of any of the following product lines: drum winches, linear winches, HPUs, tensioners and reel drive systems.
- Knowledge of rotating equipment design.
- Knowledge / ability to work with ATEX and SIL standards / specifications.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team