Electronic Technician (Workshop) – VR/25292
Our client is looking for an Electronic Technician on a permanent basis.
- Acceptance testing of new systems electronics assemblies such as modems and control boards, including complete third-party systems such as acoustic modems, magsignallers, satellite comms systems.
- Pre-deployment and FAT testing of complete communication systems.
- Post deployment refurbishing, testing and preparing for storage of communication systems components.
- Maintaining the communication systems equipment register (equipment status and history on SharePoint).
- Installing routine software and firmware updates.
- Implementing hardware upgrades.
- Assisting Technicians with de-bug of comms and control issues (to either component or board level, dependent on equipment).
- In house and bespoke build of custom project ancillary equipment.
- Assisting remote Electronic Engineers in assembly and testing of in-house prototype hardware and firmware.
- Assisting remote Electronics Engineers in testing and evaluation of third-party equipment.
Candidate Main Responsibilities
- Testing and maintaining ELF (extremely low frequency) through wall communications systems.
- Acceptance testing / Q.C items including boards, test equipment, communication equipment.
- Building, assembling and testing new asset.
- Post deployment refurbishing, testing and preparing for storage of communication systems.
- Maintaining a clean, organised, safe working area at all times.
- Working in a methodical, safe manner, complying with company policy and industry standards.
- Ensuring procedures are adhered to and implemented.
- Reviewing, feeding back any errors / omissions that may be in procedures.
- Revision updates, both component and software, firmware.
- Maintaining traceability of revisions and status of board fleet in SharePoint system.
- Managing the remote electronic area, ensuring adequate consumables, tools and calibrated meters and oscilloscopes.
- Completing build paperwork in a timely manner.
- Pre-deployment and FAT testing of communication systems, involving acoustic systems.
- Inhouse training and maintaining standards on crimping, soldering, and wiring.
- Appropriate technical / engineering / qualification or equivalent experience in electronics and communications systems, ONC, time served electronic technician.
- Explosive Atmosphere / Compex certified beneficial.
- IPC certified beneficial.
Experience / Competence / Skills / Knowledge:
- Industrial serial and Ethernet communications / control systems.
- Team player with good communication skills.
- Flexible attitude toward overtime.
- Ability and motivation to work independently.
- Good electronic knowledge.
- Electronic fault finding.
- Knowledge of hydraulic and electro-hydraulic components preferred.
- Practical experience and knowledge of pressure testing, hydraulic and gas an advantage.
- Knowledge of IPC certification preferred.
TMM Recruitment INDTRA
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team