Electronics Technician (downhole tools) - VR/24502
We are supporting our client in their search for an Electronics Technician.
Purpose of the Role:
To conduct the assembly, repair and testing delivery of a range of downhole and surface electro- mechanical / hydraulic assemblies for use in oil and gas well applications.
- Assembling / building electronic components of downhole tools.
- Assembling / building hydromechanical components of downhole tools.
- Assembling / building electronic assemblies of surface equipment.
- Conducting factory acceptance testing and system integration testing.
- Recording all relevant QC information.
- Where required conducting witnessing of assembled parts and assisting in training of junior personnel.
- Following QHSE procedures and ensuring culture of continuous improvement.
- Conducting fault finding as required on defective tools and systems.
- Performing maintenance and repairing all products.
- Participating when testing new and modified technology, include running and control of the flow loop.
- Participating in testing programs at third party locations.
- Ensuring that all workshop tasks are organised and controlled in a safe and efficient manner.
- Contributing to design and development of tools wherever possible.
- Assisting with stock control and management.
- HND in electronics related discipline.
- University degree in electronics / automation engineering.
Skills / Knowledge:
- Strong technical understanding of downhole tools and operation.
- Strong technical capability with analogue and digital electronic systems.
- Strong soldering and wiring skills.
- Demonstrable experience in building electromechanical / hydraulic systems.
- Experienced in high pressure testing.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams, assembly prints and parts lists and follow formal procedures and maintenance practices.
- Strong computing IT skills and be able proficient in the use of Microsoft suite of programs.
- Demonstrate an ability to work unsupervised and exercise initiative to resolve potential problems.
- Demonstrate a strong ability under pressure to meet client delivery expectations.
- Ability to contrast, test and qualify electronics systems.
- Experience with completions, logging, MWD or downhole monitoring systems.
- Experience with design of micro controller firmware.
- Experience in testing prototype tools.
- Experience with the testing of downhole and hydraulic systems.
- Experience of high temperature electronics systems.
- Willing to undertake offshore installations and trials.
TMM Recruitment INDTRA
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team