Employment Tax & Share Scheme Specialist - VR/26820
International energy company are looking to add to their team with an Employment Tax & Share Scheme Specialist. An opportunity to apply your skills and experience adding value in a diverse team or would suit individual looking to learn and expand their current skillset in tax.
Overview job description
Encouraging employee shareholding is a key objective for this organisation and to facilitate this a range of share schemes are managed across the UK. These schemes are led and co-ordinated by the Aberdeen HR Team in conjunction with headquarters.
You will be part of the UK Reward and International Mobility Team and you will have some level of experience of share scheme/employment tax. You will be able to work across all levels of the organisation to ensure effective communication and administration of approved and unapproved schemes and oversee other employee tax filings with HMRC.
Main duties and responsibilities
The Employment Tax Share Scheme Specialist position has 2 main aspects:
- HMRC filings: STBV (Short Term Business Visitors), PSA (Paye Settlement Agreement) and Form 42 (Share Filings).
- Internal project management of share campaigns, taxable events and administration.
For the first aspect (HMRC filings)
- PSA – preparing annual PSA and provide support to 4 other UK affiliates annually to ensure PSA calculations and returns are filed with HMRC by 31 July and liability is settled by 31 October.
- STBV – providing support, working with external service provider, and 9 other UK affiliates on procedures and reports to HMRC on STBV schemes.
- Form 42 – maintaining annual tracker of taxable events for unapproved share schemes (CIS and PSG campaigns) from scheme rules. Communicating this to all UK affiliates HR departments. Requesting details of all awards in good time so that they can be consolidated into Form 42 template for the UK group. Submitting template to HMRC after review by HR Management.
- Keeping up to date with any changes in relevant tax legislation or HMRC practice and communicate this to HR contacts in all branches.
For the second aspect (Share Scheme Administration)
- Providing support as required by Country Correspondent on the preparation, roll out and delivery of the annual Capital Share Scheme (discounted opportunity to purchase shares). Typically this will include:
- Reviewing scheme documents prepared by Group with UK Reward and International Mobility Manager.
- Presenting tax implications for local UK employees and international employees in the run up to the launch of the offer.
- Preparing employee communication letters, tax elections, loan agreements and other documents for local UK employees and internationally mobile employees.
- Checking that all tax elections signed within time limits.
- Calculating and communicating £sterling share price on relevant dates.
- Reviewing UK taxable amounts prior to HR Payroll processing via UK payrolls.
The individual will work to support the UK Reward, Payroll and Benefits Teams on other matters such as:
- Policy and Process Development.
- Share Scheme Communication.
- Contractual and operating matters relating to UK HMRC approved scheme (SIP).
- Benefit in Kind Management and Processes.
- Other items can be defined based on the individuals’ skills and knowledge.
Applicants to this role require
- Educated to a higher level with on the job experience in the field of employee share schemes, both approved and unapproved.
- Understanding of how employee taxes work in relation to share schemes and other taxable items listed above.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with methodical approach and rigorous attention to detail.
- Well-developed organisation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise and manage a heavy workload within tight timescales and set deadlines.
- Required to ensure reliability of data to provide management with the necessary information to assist in their decision making.
- Required to work closely with management and Corporate and Asset HR Teams in circumstances which often require diplomacy and tact.
- The ability to define problems, analyse data, identify solution, and present recommendations is essential.
What’s in it for me?
- Supportive and dynamic team environment.
- Learning opportunities.
- Career development.
- Hybrid working.
- Excellent benefits package.
TMM Recruitment INDFIN
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team