Environmental Advisor - VR/22611
Currently recruiting for an experienced Environmental Advisor on a permanent staff basis for an Oil & Gas Operator based in central Aberdeen. The post holder will act as the Environmental focal point for UK Operations, with responsibility for the identification and management of environmental risks & compliance, as well as continuous improvement. The Environmental Advisor will provide UK management and staff with support, expertise, direction and guidance regarding environmental compliance, ensuring the highest standards, and that environmental performance is adhered to.
The Environmental Advisor will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing day to day environmental support and advice to all aspects of the UK business.
- Managing and maintaining environmental regulatory compliance processes and perimetry, including environmental risk and compliance registers required for the UK business across Operations / Well Engineering / Exploration and Major Projects.
- Maintaining awareness of existing and developing environmental legislation and company standards.
- Supporting environmental regulatory / industry / agency bodies and stakeholders to ensure legislative and industry compliance.
- Representing the company at industry and corporate environmental forums.
- Supporting pre-qualification and tender evaluation review processes of prospective suppliers from an environmental perspective.
- Maintaining environmental performance monitoring / reporting and associated tools.
- Assisting in incident investigations, as appropriate, including the review of Incident Reports.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A Degree qualification in a relevant Environmental / Science discipline is essential.
- Relevant industry environmental management qualifications / certificates would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Environmental Advisor type role, within the Oil and Gas industry, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly with an Oil and Gas Operator, would be preferred.
- Experience with environmental management systems is essential (specific experience with ISO 14001 would be preferred).
- Applicants will be expected to possess auditing and incident investigation experience.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team