Environmental Advisor - VR/26420
Join a leading Oil and Gas Operator who are currently looking for an Environmental Advisor on a 12-month PAYE contract basis. This is a predominantly onshore role, based in Kingswells, Aberdeen with an Ad-HOC requirement for offshore travel.
As the Environmental Advisor, you will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing support to the Safety and Environmental Manager and other HSSEQ Team members in ensuring the effective delivery of the Company’s environmental strategy.
- Ensuring the environmental aspects of the business Management System are regularly audited and updated.
- Acting as a key focal point for environmental issues for dedicated functions.
- Building and maintaining highly effective relationships with the Offshore HSE Advisors and Medics, working closely with the HSSE Department to help bridge the off / onshore gap.
- Advising on the implementation of current and emerging regulatory and business Requirements.
- Monitoring compliance with permit conditions e.g., OPPC, ETS / PPC, chemical permits, radiation authorisations etc.
- Providing input into Bratani EMS (Environmental Management System).
- Contributing to ISO14001 certification and compliance activities.
- Contributing to the preparation and delivery of the HSSEQ department plans.
- Maintaining effective relationships with Regulators and Government Agencies e.g., OPRED, OSDR, Marine Scotland, SEPA, JNCC.
- Participating in offshore platform / mobile rig visits as required.
- Maintaining an overview of UK environmental performance, including emissions, discharges, and incidents, and providing data to Asset and Operations Teams as required.
- Contributing to relevant environmental risk assessments, responses and controls including the identification of Major Environmental Incidents (MEIs).
- Reviewing and maintaining Oil Pollution Emergency Plans (OPEPS).
- Supporting Asset and HSSEQ Teams with the delivery of relevant campaigns.
- Reviewing and providing input into annual environmental KPIs.
- Undertaking permit applications and variations and maintains environmental content of authorisations, permits and consents register.
- Providing input to environmental incident investigations, where appropriate.
- Focal point role for projects, actively supporting processes such as HSE plans, interface documents, PLANC registers etc.
- Conducting periodic audits / assessments on environmentally critical contractors.
- Co-ordinating offshore compliance audits and reviews and monitors delivery of plans.
- Promoting and disseminating successful environmental practices.
- Attending relevant external events e.g., Oil & Gas UK Meetings, EEMS workshops, OPRED workshops, as required.
- Providing input to the preparation of the annual environmental statement to OPRED.
- Membership of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) or similar qualification.
- BOSIET / MIST.
- Degree qualified in an Environmental subject area.
- Working knowledge of the HSSE requirements within the UKCS regulatory regime.
- Environmental-related experience in the oil and gas or similar industry.
- Good communication, co-ordination and facilitation skills.
- IT literate: Applicable database/s, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to intermediate level.
- Up to date knowledge of UK practice and environmental law and their impacts.
- First-hand knowledge and experience of the UK oil and gas industry.
- Ability to travel offshore.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to influence at all levels across the organisation.
- Ability to win and build credibility at all levels of organisation.
TMM Recruitment INDQHS
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team