Environmental Advisor - VR/27307
Join a leading oil and gas subsea company as an Environmental Advisor. This is a permanent staff role based at their office in Westhill.
As Environmental Advisor, you will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing support to the UKGIRM region with environmental initiatives and reporting, including environmental objectives, sustainability programmes and performance reporting.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant international and national legislation through periodic review and including the identification, planning and roll-out of all new environmental legislative requirements.
- Overseeing the compliance of the UKGIRM regional Projects and onshore and offshore worksites to the Environmental Management System (EMS) including mandatory documentation and contribute to the development of the EMS.
- Leading and maintaining ISO 14001 compliance for the UKGIRM region including monitoring and reporting of environmental data and continuous improvement actions.
- Supporting with providing environmental input to tenders.
- Overseeing the collation, inputting, monitoring, analysing and communicating of UKGRIM environmental statistics.
- Monitoring environmental performance, including participation in management reviews, initiatives and campaigns, advising management on performance and areas where improvement is required or recommended.
- Working with internal stakeholders as required to answer requests for emissions information.
- Leading or participating in environmental audits including internal, client and supplier audits.
- Undertaking periodic worksite environmental inspections to monitor compliance to legal, EMS and ISO 14001 requirements.
- Providing support with expediting corrective action management relating to audit and inspection findings including non-conformities, and support verification of effectiveness.
- Participating as an active member of the UKGIRM emergency response team for environmental incident response, including interfacing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Providing support to internal and external stakeholders in relation to Project, client and worksite related environmental matters where directed.
- Participating in Environment and Sustainability Work Group to represent UKGIRM region, providing regional feedback and overseeing action management.
- Leading and maintaining content on the UKGIRM Environment SharePoint site.
- Participating in the investigation of environmental incidents and near misses.
- Interfacing with other parts of the business (i.e. Group Environmental Team, Offshore Resources) to ensure UK&GIRM environmental focus areas and objectives are aligned to the wider business.
- Role relevant environmental qualification.
- Membership of recognised professional body e.g. IEMA, CIEEM, EI or similar.
- Qualified Lead Environmental Auditor with associated practical experience.
- Demonstrable knowledge of current and forthcoming legislative requirements.
- Demonstrable experience at an advisory level, gained within the energy industry preferred.
- Practical understanding of relevant authorities, regulators, industry associations and bodies.
- Fluent in English with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to build and maintain strong business relationships at all levels.
- Competent in Microsoft Office, experience with data management systems would be advantageous.
TMM Recruitment INDQHS
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team