Environmental Team Lead - VR/26649
New opportunity to join an oil and gas operator as an Environmental Team Lead on a permanent staff basis. This is an onshore role based in Aberdeen, however, there will be an Ad-Hoc requirement for offshore travel
Reporting to the Head of HSE and Technical Assurance, the Environmental Team Lead is responsible for leading, managing and supporting the Environment Team delivery to meet corporate and regulator commitments for Operational and Late Life assets. The Environmental Team lead is key role, responsible developing and delivering the environmental strategies. The role requires excellent interpersonal skills, and a collaborative approach.
- Managing developing and leading the Environmental Team and future succession planning.
- Driving change and continual improvement within the HSE Department and wider organisation.
- Actively seeking areas for environmental performance improvement and developing sustainable efficient solutions.
- Delivering compliance with RSRUK SEMS to meet Environmental elements.
- Preparing and assuring the annual Environmental budget to support asset operations.
- Managing, reviewing and updating Environmental Managements System documentation.
- Delivering the annual regulator plans.
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of relevant regulations, company procedures and best practice and advising accordingly.
- Corporate environment team management.
- Ensuring that environmental support is provided to the company for Wells, SCM, Operations and projects.
- Following and complying with company golden rules, procedures and policies and holding others to account to do the same.
- Managing, guiding and leading the environment team to support operations.
- Supporting and promoting the environment element of the SEMS within the business, projects and offshore.
- Leading the effective delivery of oil spill response within the company and exercise the crisis and emergency response management support infrastructure across the business on a regular basis including oil spill preparedness.
- Ensuring all relevant learnings are considered in the development of the company HSE Improvement Plan.
- Preparing, conducting and concluding mid-year and annual appraisals of all Environmental Advisor.
- Monitoring environmental performance of contractors, and implement improvement plans where required.
- Advising on the development of strategy, policies and processes that represent HSE best practice and are legally compliant.
- Providing assurance that all environmental incidents are correctly investigated, reported and captured within the company incident management tool; Synergi.
- Analysing incident data to identify trends and improvement opportunities.
- Acting as Technical Authority for specified Performance Standards and associated Safety and Environmental Critical Elements (SECE’s).
- Ensuring learning’s from environmental incidents are effectively shared across the organisation
- Fulfilling the role of out of hours contact as required.
- Supporting risk assessment activities.
- Ensuring incidents are thoroughly investigated so that lessons can be learnt and are effectively communicated across other sites and groups.
- Acting as Environmental Technical Authority ensuring permit compliance and maintaining regulatory requirements and technical support to Operations, Engineering, Commercial and Supply Chain.
- Managing Environmental Planning and Assessments for all RSRUK Wells and Projects activities
- Leading the development, implementation, ongoing support and assurance of systems for the control of environmental activities in UK operations.
- Acting as company Fisheries Liaison Officer.
- Active representation of company in liaison with regulatory authorities, industry associations, stakeholders and other operators.
- Supporting the following HSE process as required; IRP, Senior Managers Monthly, Quarterly Safety Meeting; Wells and Asset Integrity Review Board, Management Review etc.
- Maintaining a firm understanding of the threat Cyber Attacks pose in both regular IT (Information Technology) and OT (Operational Technology / industrial automation) environments and the potential consequences of such attacks with other company stakeholders.
Education Attainment & Accreditation
- A relevant degree or post graduate diploma in the environmental discipline or considerable technical and leadership experience in a similar role.
Professional Skills & Experience
- Well rounded work experience essential, with significant direct leadership experience in either oil and gas operations or onshore support role closely linked to oil and gas operations.
- Previous experience as a health and safety, environmental and/or technical safety leader in the oil and gas industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of the UK regulatory regime.
- Proven track record of delivering compliance with UK and European environmental legislation in large organisations.
- Appreciation of Human Factors and Major Accident Hazards (Causation and Prevention).
- Experience managing teams, including mentoring and supervising staff.
Interpersonal Skills & Qualities
- Enthusiastic and motivated to make a difference.
- Strong ability to bring tasks to completion.
- Excellent time management, prioritization and organisational skills.
- Excellent communicator (both written and verbal).
- A collaborative working style and ability to build strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong planning and analytical skills with an eye for detail.
- Working proactively, and find sustainable solutions to challenges which may arise.
- Ability to challenge the status quo and influence others.
- Drives change and continual improvement.
TMM Recruitment INDQHS
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team