Expeditor - VR/25218
Expeditor required to join a globally recognised leader in the energy industry for a 6-month contract. In your role you’ll work in a fast-paced environment, ensuring the timely delivery of goods and services to vessels and worksites on an international basis.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Facilitating and expediting the flow of goods and hires for various projects and departments.
- Engaging directly with suppliers to ensure prompt and accurate delivery of materials to various international locations and resolving any supply issues.
- Ensuring that goods or hires are delivered to the right place at the right time using good negotiation techniques to achieve improved delivery dates.
- Working within a busy department and coping with the pressure of meeting demanding targets and working to tight deadlines.
- Liaising closely with Procurement, Stores, Projects and other departments within the organisation.
- Providing weekly and monthly reporting to projects, other departments and Purchasing Lead.
- Managing and improving supplier relationships.
- Monitoring supplier performance.
- Creating and reviewing Supplier Performance Assessments and providing feedback to suppliers.
- Arranging supplier visits and meetings when required.
- Using a range of systems to maintain the accuracy of delivery information.
Applicants to this position should offer experience in a similar role, alongside having knowledge of purchasing and procurement functions and procedures.
In order to be successful, you’ll need excellent communication skills, the ability to effectively work independently and have a pro-active, self-motivated personality.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team