Exports Coordinator - VR/23513
Permanent opportunity for an Exports Coordinator to join our client, a recognised market leader in their field, based in Aberdeen.
In your role as Exports Coordinator, your main purpose will be processing the shipments of export orders to international customers and stock shipments to international branches in an efficient, compliant and professional manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processing shipping paperwork for shipments to international customers, international branches and to the UKCS, ensuring compliance with customer requirements and customs regulations.
- Determining the most appropriate freight method, selecting a Freight Forwarder / Courier from the approved vendor list and obtaining competitive shipping costs.
- Processing return shipments from the customers and import shipments and import clearance from international suppliers.
- Obtaining Certificates of Origin and Export Licences in the correct format as specified by the customer, customs and export control authorities.
- Coordinating the collection goods by the designated Freight Forwarder.
- Obtaining proof of export in timely manner.
- Updating the Exports / Imports management system with all shipments.
- Ensuring Trade Compliance by following company procedures and controls to prevent breaches of any international trade sanctions.
- Classifying goods with HT and ECCN codes where required.
Applicants to this position should ideally have knowledge and understanding of export shipping documentation, gained in a similar role within freight forwarding / logistics. Knowledge of INCOTERMS, understanding of Trade Compliance and UCC would be beneficial.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team