Field Service Engineer - Diesel Engines - VR/23308
The role will be offshore primarily, but onshore work in the workshop will also be required, so a locally based candidate would be preferable.
General Outline of Job:
- Performing engine troubleshooting / repair / maintenance and overhaul work in accordance with manufacturer and industry standards on all types of diesel engines.
- Running engine diagnostics and work closely with other team members to meet company goals.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Stripping, inspecting parts list and rebuilding engines and associated components.
- Routine maintenance associated with diesel engines.
- Carrying out planned maintenance on mechanical equipment.
- Carrying out repairs, maintenance and full engine overhauls at various country locations on and offshore and Workshop.
- Maintaining detailed records of serviced engines.
- Providing a detailed job report to the office during and after each job completion.
- Ensuring workspace cleanliness at all times.
Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental Responsibilities:
- Complying with QHSE policies and procedures at all times.
- Reporting all accidents and incidents, including any near misses.
- Demonstrating a personal commitment to quality, health, safety, and the environment.
- Complying with all site safety processes, including ‘Stop the Job’ requirements.
- Ability to apply and use safe working procedures / risk assessments.
- Ability to work within a quality management system.
Job Specification: Experience, Competence, Skills & Knowledge:
- Ability to provide technical expertise to diagnose, analyse and rectify faults.
- Familiar with electronic diagnostic equipment to troubleshoot repairs.
- Ability to work unsupervised on all aspects of diesel engine repairs and overhauls.
- Ability to take and record critical engine component dimensional measurements.
- Ability to read, interpret and implement procedures, specifications, and drawings.
- Previous experience as a Mechanical Engineer.
- Proven competence in tasks required for role.
- Computer literate (Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Proficiency with maintenance and repair tools.
- Valid driving licence.
- Valid passport and eligible to work in the UK.
- BOSIET / FOET.
- Previous experience in oil & gas.
- Offshore medical (in date).
- Previous risk assessment / safety training and experience.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team