Finance Systems Analyst - VR/26583
E&P opportunity for a Financial Systems Analyst working with a fast-growing energy company. This is a really exciting time to join to support whilst developing personally and professionally. This would suit candidates who are experienced in using SAP with a knowledge of E&P accounting.
Overview job description
Reporting to the JV Accounting Team Lead, the Financial Systems Analyst will work within the JV Accounting Team and provide SAP Systems support to the whole Finance Team.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Ensuring effective and efficient accounting and reporting systems.
- Accountable for the reliability and availability of data in the ERP systems.
- Maintaining integrity of SAP finance related production environment, overseeing daily operational activities related to the SAP environment.
- Streamlining systems and procedures for accounting including month end processes, reporting, etc.
- Reviewing the use of the accounting and finance ERP system and other software packages ensuring that the financial and reporting systems are being used to their full potential whilst ensuring that best use practice is maintained.
- Responsible for critical SAP Financial Month end processing and co-ordination for all entities, working very closely with the Financial Reporting Team ensuring accuracy of the figures, being flexible to prior-period requirements.
- Working with key stakeholders in the configuration, development, support, maintenance and deployment of SAP finance related business applications as well as supporting processes.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of all SAP master data updates and queries ensuring strict standardised guidelines are followed.
- Managing SAP access approvals for sensitive roles and providing assistance with SOD reporting and Access Reviews.
- Performing ad-hoc projects as directed by the Supervisor.
Applicants to this role require
- Experienced in using SAP ERP system and Microsoft Office suite of programmes. Should be a Subject Matter Expert (SME), in most of the financial modules of SAP, FI, CO, JV, PS and AM in particular.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and exposure to Exploration and Production Accounting and related accounting standards, including knowledge of SOAPs and Joint Venture agreements as they apply to the company.
- Acting as an expert and mentor to teams in terms of technical knowledge and system utilisation.
- Strong communication skills in all areas.
- Accepts accountability and responsibility. Takes the initiative to get things done and follow through on commitments.
- Has the ability to work independently with minimum supervision, and to manage several projects and tasks concurrently. Capability to prioritise work and to meet tight deadlines. Brings solutions, not problems, to the table and constantly seeks new and better ways to carry out responsibilities.
TMM Recruitment INDFIN
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team