Financial Controller - VR/26424
Financial Controller required for energy service company. This is a varied and busy role managing all of the accounting and finance function with a team of 5/6. You would be a key focal point and business partner supporting projects. Previous experience at a similar level is essential.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Partnering with Project Accountant and Cost Controllers.
- Posting journal entries as required / reviewing and approving journal entries posted by the Finance Team.
- Controlling payables and other cashflows, attending various cash calls.
- Reviewing Accounts Receivables.
- Reviewing Key Performance Indicators such as DSO, DPO, utilisation.
- Preparing and submitting weekly 13-week cashflow forecast.
- Ensuring maintenance of Fixed Asset Registers.
- Preparing and submitting capex requests in accordance with procedures.
- Reviewing and approving balance sheet reconciliations monthly for all entities in the Business Unit.
- Attending regular Balance Sheet review meetings with Global Finance.
- Preparing and issuing monthly results to for review by various parties.
- Reviewing monthly reporting packs and add commentary for required legal entities in accordance with reporting timetable, ensuring packs comply with applicable standards and policies.
- Preparing / reviewing payroll ready for Senior Management approval.
- Preparing and submitting an accurate and robust monthly rolling forecast.
- Assisting with the annual budget process.
- Assisting with the annual audit of the business unit legal entities and liaising with auditors throughout the audit process.
- Assisting with corporation tax reporting and liaise with internal / external tax teams ensuring deadlines for tax reporting are adhered to.
- Reviewing and submitting quarterly VAT returns and review of monthly Intrastat / EC Sales returns.
- Overseeing import/export process to ensure integrity of HMRC / VAT records.
- Submitting International tax information to tax advisors.
- Ensuring key personnel are trained in P & L, balance sheet and cashflow impacts.
- Providing guidance, support and mentoring to develop the Finance Team.
Applicants to this role require
- Part Qualified or Qualified ACCA/CIMA/CA/CPA or equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience in a Senior Finance role is essential.
- Highly organised with the ability to manage multiple, complex and fast-track priorities with a proactive and positive attitude.
TMM Recruitment INDFIN
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team