Fire & Gas Design Engineer - VR/28741
Currently recruiting for an experienced Fire & Gas Design Engineer on a permanent staff basis for a specialist in the supply, installation and maintenance of hazardous electrical equipment. Based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire, this will be a full-time office-based role.
Reporting to the Engineering Projects Lead, the Fire & Gas Design Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Engineering all design, modifications and upgrades of fire and gas systems.
- Keeping up to date with vendors hardware and software upgrades.
- Developing work pack/instructions and managing review and authorisation.
- Providing verification of proposed materials over specification.
- Monitoring, analysing and communicating key performance attainment.
- Preparing and delivering formal monthly reports to the client/company as requested.
- Coordinating project timesheets to the Finance Department and assisting with invoice approvals.
- Communicating regularly with the Engineering Projects Lead, Engineering Projects Manager, Business Development, client, Planning/Logistic Departments on scope progress.
- Attending and contributing to daily/weekly client and company planning meetings.
- Ensuring company resources meet mobilisation requirements.
- Preparing budgets and cost time analysis as required.
- Raising service and material requisitions for the scope of works requirements.
- Preparing and submitting value of work done reports as requested.
- Presenting expenditure against budget to progress plan reports.
- Identifying cost saving opportunities.
- Assessing offshore personnel competency to support and work on fire and gas, electrical and instrumentation systems.
- Participating in on call rotation.
- An HNC qualification, as a minimum, in an Electronic/Electrical/Instrumentation/Control Engineering discipline is essential.
- Fire and gas vendor training and certification is essential.
- COMPEX (EX01 - 04) certification would be preferred.
- Current/valid offshore certification would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar office-based Fire & Gas Design Engineer type role is essential.
- Previous experience with detection systems and design works is essential.
- Applicants should have AutoCAD experience.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team