Firmware Engineer - VR/24648
We are working with an oil and gas service company to recruit a Firmware Engineer for a permanent position based in Dyce. The Firmware Engineer will join the growing R&D Firmware Team. Depending on aptitude and experience the role will carry significant responsibility. If you have an understanding of electronics, embedded systems and silicon development, this could be the job for you.
The ideal candidate will design, develop, and test firmware for downhole and surface tools as well as being responsible for full firmware development life cycle. The company develops their own firmware in-house.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience with writing embedded C code on 8/16 bit microcontrollers. At least 3 years commercial experience would be ideal, however outstanding candidates with less experience will be considered.
- Have completed complex coding projects in the past and can show an example of this.
- A good understanding of the unique requirements and pitfalls experienced when designing code for microcontrollers, especially considering the conditions that company tools are subject to.
- Reasonable understanding of digital electronics and to the lesser degree analogue electronics. This includes following circuit diagrams and usage of tools such as oscilloscopes etc.
- Familiarity with software design concepts and practices. This includes usage of source control, issue tracking systems and managing software releases.
- Lateral thinking. Having the ability to come up with unusual solutions to design challenges that have significant advantages over conventional designs.
- Custom algorithm design. Good at mathematics.
- Teamwork. Enjoys working as part of a small Design Team of experts.
- Communicates well cross-functionally with their peers. This includes firmware support to other Engineers, Technicians and field staff.
- Is pro-active and takes ownership of their projects and drives them to completion. Is capable of juggling the pressures of tight delivery times and managing to keep focus on the high priority items.
- Must be able to communicate well in written and spoken English.
- Degree qualified in engineering, physics, computer science, mathematics or similar.
All levels of industry experience will be considered – this includes candidates at a junior and senior level. The company are recruiting for the right person, rather than requiring a prescribed amount of experience.
TMM Recruitment INDIT
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team