Fleet Information Technician - VR/25270
If you are looking for the job that will help launch your career in IT and Data Analysis, then this is the right position for you!
We are working with one of the largest weather service providers in the world to source a Fleet Information Technician. Our client is looking for:
- Somebody eager to learn new skills.
- Someone with an acute attention to detail and quality control.
- Proactive problem solving, analytical and computer skills.
This is the entry level position title within this series. Employees are expected to perform the full range of entry-level duties and to train for the next level.
Reporting to the FIT Supervisor, the employee enters data into a proprietary database using data received from various sources such as from ship masters and clients around the world.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities – (not limited to)
- Responsible for categorising messages appropriately within the data entry system and forwarding to the appropriate personnel. Understanding the operational flow / importance of all messages received.
- Troubleshooting and solving various proprietary data / voyage alerts using known techniques and strategies while also using common sense and strong data analysis skills. Sending messages to Masters / clients to confirm suspicious data.
- Categorising and sorting incoming messages within the Not Reviewed Queue. Also troubleshooting and reviewing messages during this process focusing primarily on data management and quality control.
- Providing various task support to the Route Analyst/End of Voyage departments in the form of quality control and waypoints.
- Employees must be able to work rotating shifts, with varying days off, work nights and / or weekends and are expected to be able to perform the functions and duties of all shifts.
- All Fleet Information employees are expected to identify ways the team can work together better from both an operational and overall business perspective. Each team member is expected to fully participate in meetings and projects and to help each other meet the productivity standards in place.
Key Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Ability to enter data accurately with acute attention to detail and quality control.
- Proactive when it comes to problem solving.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Ability to respond quickly to workflow fluctuations or changes in priorities and to meet deadlines accordingly in a changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task, use personal judgement and utilize strong decision-making skills.
- Willingness to travel to other operational offices for professional development training if required.
- Strong typing, analytical, and computer skills.
INDIT TMM Recruitment
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team