French Speaking Contracts Engineer (Drilling & Completion) - VR/28354
Contracts Engineer required to join our client, a leading international independent E&P company, on a contract basis for an initial duration of 12-months. Occasional travel to Algeria will be required. Applicants must be fluent in both English and French.
- Ensuring Contracts & Procurement (C&P) activities, mainly in drilling and completion, are performed in compliance with applicable business principles, due diligence, ethical conduct, HSE policies, Contracting and Procurement procedures and other relevant guidelines.
- Developing, along with the Contract Holder, optimised contract strategies and contract management plans to ensure robust contracts are in place and effective post award contract management and close out of contracts/POs.
- Undertaking activities required by the contract strategy to deliver the requirements safely and on time.
- Compiling and managing EoI/ITT/RFQ packages for all types of contracts.
- Ensuring all contracts/POs are placed within the required timelines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working effectively with contract holders, whilst maintaining commercial and contractual challenge.
- Formulating and implementing robust contracting strategies to optimise value for the business and addressing the business and HSE considerations, including market capacity and capability, local content opportunities, risk exposure and the overall project schedule.
- Managing the tender process by coordinating with the contract holder(s) and the business department to align C&P activities with the requirement, obtaining the scope of work, drafting tender documents etc.
- Interfacing with all stakeholders for compilation of tender documents.
- Structuring contracts and agreements with the objective of minimising claims and disputes.
- Ensuring safety aspects are captured and documented in the contractual requirements.
- Ensuring pre-qualification and tendering activities include due diligence and ethical conduct and are carried out in an effective and timely manner in line with C&P procedures and local regulations.
- Obtaining acknowledgements, clarifications/extensions, issue tender bulletins/addendums, preparation of bid evaluation criteria, receive bids, arrange for bid openings, address contractual/commercial exceptions taken by bidders.
- Coordinating bid evaluations and ensuring timely submissions of evaluation reports, defending their content and obtaining approval.
- Coordinating relevant peer reviews and approval of both the tender and final contract documents.
- Developing submissions and supporting documents to obtain approvals from external and internal stakeholders.
- Developing and executing robust contract management plans to support contract holders in the post-award management of a contract.
- Supporting the Drilling department with all contractual commitments for effective post award contract management.
- Ensuring contract spend is recorded in an auditable fashion. Assisting with monitoring spend of each contract.
- Monitoring and reporting on contractor’s C&P activities and their management of sub-contractors.
- Ensuring contractor complies with all the contractual obligations.
- Ensuring change management process is managed effectively, by addressing variations and claims in a timely manner.
- Managing and maintaining C&P contract/PO files including requisition requests, strategies, technical and commercial evaluation reports, signed orders, correspondence, and other relevant documentation.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A relevant degree qualification.
- Direct knowledge and sound technical appreciation of all types of oil & gas industry equipment and materials.
- Comprehensive knowledge of commercial processes for contracting and procurement, including interpretation of commercial terminology and contractual clauses used in the general conditions of contract used in the industry.
- Significant experience in drilling and completion contracting and procurement activities, in Upstream Business with extensive experience in Joint Ventures.
- In-depth knowledge of ERP systems.
- Ability to independently manage the C&P process.
- Ability to influence.
- A proactive style with the ability to question and challenge others.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the drilling and completion supply market and potential contractors/suppliers, and where commercial benefits can be obtained.
- Commercial mindset.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Build effective relationships and share C&P best practices with stakeholders.
- Fluency in English and French (essential). Fluency in Arabic (advantageous).
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team