HSE Advisor – VR/23999
Currently recruiting for an HSE Advisor on a permanent staff basis for a Subsea company based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire. This role may involve occasional offshore work / travel - therefore, applicants must be prepared to do this.
The HSE Advisor will provide HSE advice, guidance and support to the Project Team and other departments within the business unit, and will be the focal point with the client on all HSE matters. This will include leading and implementing key risk management processes, as well as the continual monitoring of ongoing operations to ensure compliance with internal processes, industry best practice, legislative and client specific requirements.
The HSE Advisor will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing HSE advice, guidance and support to projects, departments, worksite and subcontractor personnel - ensuring compliance with internal processes, legislation, industry best practice and client specific requirements.
- Encouraging and promoting a positive attitude towards HSE awareness and risk management, including reporting of HSE issues and communication of / participation in Company behavioural-based safety programmes.
- Assisting in the development of HSE objectives, as well as the review and revision of HSE related processes and procedures at a corporate level.
- Developing and implementing relevant project HSE documentation, including Emergency Response documentation, and ensuring that this is in compliance with the HSE Management System.
- Monitoring effectiveness of project HSE and ER documentation throughout the project life cycle.
- Responsible for early engagement with the engineering process, attending methodology and operations reviews and identifying opportunities to eliminate risk where possible.
- Developing, chairing and participating in the Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment process.
- Identifying and advising on project specific training requirements.
- Implementing environmental procedures, ensuring all environmental aspects have been identified and mitigation plans have been put in place.
- Implementing occupational health procedures, ensuring all OH aspects have been identified and mitigation plans have been put in place.
- Carrying out corporate and project HSE audits, preparation of project specific audit schedules and terms of reference where relevant. Ensuring recording of audit in Synergi system and follow up to ensure effective closure of findings identified.
- Liaising with the client on project HSE matters, including chairing regular HSE engagement meetings.
- Managing subcontractors, ensuring they are meeting the required HSE standards.
- Attending vessel mobilisations, presenting safety briefings and engaging in safety conversations with the vessel personnel.
- Participating in HSE accident, incident and near miss investigations. Identifying effective corrective and preventative actions, and ensuring that these are tracked to closure.
- Developing safety related communications.
- Preparing project, corporate and client HSE performance reports on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Actively monitoring HSE performance, including that of subcontractors. Identifying trends and developing proactive and reactive safety campaigns or improvement initiatives, where required.
- Developing and delivering HSE awareness training.
- Maintaining a project specific HSE Action Tracker.
- Proactively interfacing with key internal stakeholders (Engineering, Operations, Marine Operations etc).
- Supporting delivery of a detailed assurance process for Company and third-party vessels and equipment.
- Assisting with maintenance of the company legal register.
- Preparing HSE deliverables, to a high standard, for tender submissions.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A NEBOSH General Certificate, or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a similar HSE Advisor type role.
- Experience of offshore operations in the subsea construction sector.
- Excellent working knowledge of UK HSE and Marine legislation, and application of this to onshore and subsea construction activities.
- Experience with risk assessment techniques, and experience of implementing these.
- Formal auditing qualifications with experience in carrying out audits, both internally and externally.
- Formal incident investigation training with experience of participating in incident investigations.
- Fully conversant with HSE Management Systems.
- A strong track record in HSE delivery, with proven experience in developing and maintaining HSE systems, procedures, processes and programmes.
- Qualified to NEBOSH Diploma level, or equivalent.
- Current / valid offshore certification.
- Membership of a recognised professional body for health & safety (e.g. IOSH).
- Formal mentoring and coaching qualification.
- Experience of delivering HSE training and behavioural-based safety training.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team