HSE Advisor - VR/28148
Join an oil and gas service company in Bridge of Don who are looking for a HSE Advisor on a 6-month temporary basis with a view for the role to go permanent.
As the HSE Advisor, you will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring compliance with company health and safety policy and procedures, safe working practices and statutory regulations.
- Ensuring compliance with company environmental policy and procedures, and statutory regulations.
- Supporting achievement of agreed HSE objectives, both personal and for the department.
- Monitoring and evaluating compliance with statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety, environment and welfare at work.
- Ensuring updates are evaluated and communicated.
- Escalating appropriately non-compliance with legislation and regulation and support process to compliance.
- Coordinating and attending HSE certification audits and support the process of closing any non-conformances for Bridge of Don.
- Conducting HSE sub-contractor audits and support the process of closing any non-conformances.
- Supporting the development, simplification and integration of the HSE management system, including updates and creation of procedures.
- Evaluating external service providers with regards to HSE and supporting purchasing in their approval process.
- Supporting the maintenance of electronic NCR database for VOGUK.
- Supporting registration and close-out of internal and external audit issues, HSE incidents and other relevant opportunities.
- Supporting staff in its correct use.
- Attending all inter-company HSE meetings and complete HSE related reporting as scheduled.
- HSE meetings (participating and organising as per schedule).
- Supporting HSE inspections and safety visits/Gemba walks.
- Conducting internal HSE audits (ISO 45001/ISO 14001).
- Creating and cascading HSE communication (for example safety alerts).
- Collecting and reporting HSE KPIs in required formats.
- Liaising with relevant bodies such as local authorities, public bodies and competent bodies as requested by HSE Manager North Sea.
- Providing HSE support to other VOGUK locations as requested.
- Managing arrangements for the reporting and collation of information on accidents, incidents and near misses.
- Leading the follow-up of near-misses and HSE NCR’s through to closure.
- Leading internal investigation as requested. Supporting the process for ensuring that all recommended improvements are implemented.
- Maintaining business critical HSE activities, including, but not limited to risk assessments, safe working procedures, safety inspections and site 5S standards.
- Maintaining and developing effective working relationships with VOGUK employees and management.
- Supporting the identification and mitigation of risks in the working environment.
- Supporting the development of a positive HSE culture.
- Following-up routine checks to ensure fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported.
- Delivering health & safety awareness training as required;
- Delivering new start and visitor HSE induction training;
- Carrying out DSE, CoSHH and Manual Handling assessments;
- Co-ordinating First Aiders and Fire Marshals and ensuring roles and responsibilities are understood and executed.
- Occupational health support if determined required;
- Responsible for the maintenance of first aid kits, defibrillator units and maintenance of eye wash stations;
- Responsible for the annual issue of safety boots, prescription safety glasses, and worker (winter and summer).
- Health and Safety Qualification (NEBOSH General or equivalent).
- Environmental management qualification (can be substituted for relevant experience).
- Internal auditing certificate for one of HSE management systems.
- Working knowledge of ISO 45001 Occupational Health Management System and ISO 14001 Environmental Management System.
- Proven experience of formulating, implementing and revising environmental, HSE policies and procedures.
- Proven experience in HSE Management System implementation and auditing.
- Strong understanding of UK regulations and legislation relating to HSE and welfare at work.
- COSHH Assessor Trained.
- Strong numeracy, written and verbal communication skills and the aptitude to rationally explain, explore and discuss both planning and environmental issues.
- Strong IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft packages. Excellent time management organisation and focus on ability to prioritise and multitask with clear ability to focus on detail.
- Relevant experience in an industrial manufacturing environment.
TMM Recruitment INDQHS
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team