Hydraulic Controls Engineer - VR/27468
Currently recruiting for an experienced Hydraulic Controls Engineer on a permanent staff basis for a Subsea Company based in Dyce, Aberdeen.
The Hydraulic Controls Engineer will be responsible for aiding the maintenance and management of modifications and upgrades for existing electro / hydraulic control systems, which are either temporarily or permanently installed on the vessels.
Reporting to the Senior Controls Engineer, the Hydraulic Controls Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting in the maintenance of existing electro / hydraulic control systems including:
- Producing maintenance procedures and schedules.
- Supporting hydraulic changes / updates.
- Specifying replacement hardware.
- Involvement in continuous improvement and interface with internal preventative maintenance system.
- Hydraulic calculations for design input and operational support.
- Operational support:
- Operational support of electro / hydraulic subsea control systems.
- Onshore / offshore troubleshooting.
- Managing actions from project closeout meetings.
- Providing emergency operational cover when required.
- Developing project scopes for modifications / upgrades to existing systems including:
- Technical and functional specification of hardware.
- Technical drawings.
- Modification and installation procedure.
- Estimates costs, prepare justifications and complete expenditure requests.
- Project schedule.
- Hydraulic upgrades.
- Managing project scopes including:
- Designing and developing hardware in relation to design and industry standards.
- Designing and developing software in relation to design and industry standards.
- Project team (if required).
- Equipment purchasing.
- Build and FAT of equipment.
- Offshore installation and commissioning of scope (onsite / offshore as required).
- Completing documentation.
- Managing third party contractors.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A relevant degree qualification in an Electrical / Electronics / Hydraulics Engineering discipline would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Hydraulic / Subsea Controls Engineer type role, within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Hydraulic experience in hydraulic system design / analysis is essential.
- Applicants should be familiar with design standards relating to the offshore oil and gas industry for tree control / well intervention (including ISO 13628, API 17G and/or relevant drilling standards etc).
- Applicants should have knowledge of preventive / predictive maintenance techniques.
- Applicants should have knowledge of front-end engineering, detailed design, commissioning, start-up, QA/QC and operations.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team