IT Business Analyst - VR/24039
TMM Recruitment is working with an E&P company based in Aberdeen to source a skilled IT Business Analyst for a 12-month contract, starting as soon as possible. Ideally, the right candidate will have knowledge and experience from a similar post where they have had considerable interaction with Finance, HR and Supply Chain. Also, if you have a background in Real Time Information Systems (RTIS) then we would love to have a conversation with you.
Duties and Responsibilities
The company is looking for experienced Business Analysts to join a small BA Team which is the interface between the IT Department and the business areas for the task of understanding business change needs, assessing the business impact of those changes, capturing, analysing and documenting requirements and supporting the communication and delivery of requirements with relevant stakeholders.
- Interacting with stakeholders to capture and analysing business requirements involving new or changes to existing IT services.
- Scoping projects involving deployment of new or changes to existing IT services, providing input to the project budget planning, schedule planning and risk analysis.
- Managing / coordinating small-scale projects, as required.
- Identifying change opportunities, identifying the impact on stakeholders in other parts of the business, building business cases and working with Project Managers to make the changes happen in an effective and controlled manner.
- Working with users and business owners to define test conditions, develops accurate and complete test plans and reviews end user test results.
- Supporting the business in implementing the required changes to make effective use of the change / new system.
- Identifying and documents system deficiencies and recommends solutions.
- Managing relationships with third party suppliers and vendors.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Previous experience in an IT Business Analyst within the upstream oil and gas industry.
- Experience and involvement in requirement analysis, project scoping, developing business cases in the context of business IT.
- Using ITIL aligned processes.
- Lead coordination/Project Management.
- Mentoring and coaching of less experienced Business Analysts.
- Good communicator, self-motivated, proactive, team player and can work independently
- Customer and delivery focused.
The BA sought should have the above skills as standard, however familiarisation with the following is required as there is specific work over 2022 in each of these areas which needs the relevant background to succeed.
Business Analyst with Finance/Supply Chain/HR background
- General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable including Intercompany and Joint Venture Billing, Project Accounting, Tax and Reporting.
- Working knowledge of Oracle eBusiness Applications, APEX and OBIEE would be an advantage.
- Procure to pay, purchase requisitions, purchase ordering process and reporting.
- Understanding employee and contingent worker record profiles, payroll processing and Reporting
Business Analyst with RTIS background
- OSI PI Data Historian and associated Visualisation Tools – Process Book, Excel PI plugin, PI Visions etc.
- The technologies required to allow near real time data to be securely collected from Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Metering Systems, Electrical Submersible Pumps (ESP) etc. to Data Historians.
- Tiered networking solutions and an understanding of the use of VPN’s and Tunnelers to allow timely data transfer to third parties.
Compressed Working Week (CWW)
The company offers onshore employees and contractors a Compressed Working Week (CWW) in order to help achieve a healthy work-life balance. The CWW is an arrangement where employees and contractors work a standard two-week work period (10 days) over a compressed period of 9 working days i.e. employees contracted to work 37.5 hours per week will work 75 hours over 9 days (instead of 10 days). The 10th day in the second week of the CWW period is known as 'Flex Friday', a non-working day.
All employees and contractors have the opportunity to participate in Agile Working. Agile Working means individuals can find an optimum balance between home/office working and flexibility on when and where contracted hours are worked. The aim is to deliver business results, whilst supporting a work/life balance and promoting a positive culture that supports engagement and retention. Individuals can establish their own working pattern with their line manager to accommodate business requirements and personal preferences within an agreed framework.
The company is open to receiving applications from candidates that work variable hours. If this is important to you, we encourage you to talk to us to see if we can make it work for both you and the business.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team