IT Infrastructure Systems Analyst – VR/23981
A new 6-month contract position has just become available with a prominent energy company based in Aberdeen City Centre. TMM Recruitment are partnering with the organisation to source an experienced IT Infrastructure Systems Analyst. Working on a PAYE basis, the right candidate will be available to start ASAP and ideally will have experience of VMware, Windows Server and 365, Citrix and SharePoint.
Overview Job Description
- Responsible for the day to day management and support of IT Infrastructure in office locations, gas terminals and offshore drilling rigs and platforms.
- Providing 2nd – 3rd line IT support to business users as part of the IS Service Operations Team.
- Working as part of Project Teams deploying and managing servers, storage, and applications services to the SE business.
- Providing infrastructure support to the wider business in partnership with other teams as part of the Information Systems Infrastructure organisation.
- Mainly Office based. Depending on primary location, it may involve working within a gas terminal, with some work in industrial locations such as offshore drilling rigs and production platforms. Occasional travel to other locations and Offshore
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Co-operating with Line Managers and Supervisors in the prevention of work-related accidents and ill health, and the promotion of environmental good practice by adopting appropriate behaviour
- Adhering to health, safety and environmental instructions and procedures and reporting unsafe conditions.
- Supporting a positive health, safety and environment culture.
- Maintaining good housekeeping in work areas.
Infrastructure System Management
- Operation and support of Windows and Linux servers within the SE IS Infrastructure.
- Ensuring the compliance of server and client estate with SE security standards by ensuring monthly security patching and anti-virus is up to date and help with the production of reports for KRI’s (Key Risk Indicators) for IS Management
- Working as part of Project Teams for end-to-end technology requirements within the IS Operations Team. Providing support for design, procurement, project management and installation of new or existing servers and storage systems and then handover to operational support.
- Ensuring that IS system documentation, system overviews, processes and procedures are created and kept up to date.
- Ensuring that IS Operational processes and procedures are followed so that IS Team maintain compliance.
- Acting as a technical reviewer for IS and attending and presenting changes during the weekly change advisory board which reviews wider business change.
- Providing support of business applications locally and throughout wider infrastructure as required.
- Overseeing and partnering with relevant third parties who may be involved in new system designs or upgrades to existing infrastructure to ensure they are carried out within the requirements of the proposed change requests and to the company’s requirements and specifications.
- Operating and supporting effective backup, recovery and business continuity regime and ensuring a successful annual disaster recovery test of local Infrastructure is carried out and documented.
- Responsible for daily systems administration tasks such as system logs checks and network utilisation checks to ensure business systems are performing as they should.
- Liaising with local business stakeholders and Offshore Comms Techs and / or OIMs for any IT changes or incidents affecting their locations.
Note: This role is predominantly a 2nd / 3rd line position, however there may be some 1st line support required at times also.
2nd Line User support:
- Responding to requests for support according to agreed SLAs as a minimum and in line with company policy and procedures.
- Using service management software for handling requests, incidents, problems and infrastructure changes for day-to-day requirements or business change projects.
- Escalation of calls internally or externally to Service Teams and other suppliers.
- Liaising with customers through various means (e.g. in person, verbally, by email) to deal with incidents and requests and provide updates.
- Ensuring users and other interested parties are kept informed of progress and that corrective action is taken to avoid delays.
- Working with IS colleagues across multiple locations to provide and support IT infrastructure and services to ensure robust and resilient infrastructure.
- Building strong relationships with and gain the trust of business customers, providing advice and guidance to maximise technology potential.
- Supporting users operating meeting room equipment.
- Responsible for upkeeping and reviewing infrastructure documents.
- Technical resource during major incidents and providing follow up fault analysis report.
- Providing major incident reports input relating to calls, incidents and systems performance as required.
- Complying with SE procedures – e.g. for logging of service calls and change control for systems and application changes.
- Working with the business and the broader SE IS organisation to uphold standards for IT systems and applications.
- Liaising with third parties and suppliers as required to escalate support issues.
- Maintaining the administration of an accurate record of IS assets.
- Undertaking IS procurement purchase order processing, receipting and reporting.
- Providing out of hours support during evenings and weekends if required.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- IT technical competencies:
- Expert level experience of Microsoft Windows Server.
- Expert level experience of Microsoft Active Directory Services.
- Experience of deploying and supporting Microsoft Azure Active Directory.
- Experience of deploying and supporting Microsoft Azure platform.
- Experience of Microsoft 365 Services, SharePoint Online, Teams, etc.
- Experience of deploying and supporting Enterprise data storage systems.
- Experience of deploying and supporting Microsoft Exchange Systems.
- Experience of deploying and supporting Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops.
- Experience of deploying and supporting Backup systems such as Backup Exec and Veeam.
- Experience of deploying and supporting Microsoft SQL Server.
- Desktop PC, tablet and laptop support.
- Ability to develop strong and cooperative relationships with customers, IS colleagues, service providers and other professionals.
- Well organised with the ability to effectively prioritise work in order to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- A systematic, disciplined and analytical approach.
- Experience of delivery of providing IT user support to business customers.
- Experience of deploying and support desktop and laptop equipment.
- Experience in an oil and gas context is desirable.
- Experience working and supporting offshore.
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification.
- Microsoft certifications e.g. MSCP in relevant subjects.
- UK BOIET Offshore Survival certified.
- HNC / HND qualification or equivalent.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team