IT Infrastructure Technical Designer - VR/26188
TMM Recruitment is supporting a leading E&P company to source an IT Infrastructure Technical Designer on a permanent basis based in their Aberdeen office.
This role is focused on creating detailed technical designs for IT infrastructure and the supporting the company’s Client Services Team, service partners and project Managers in implementing the designs. The role is responsible for understanding the IT landscape and being a source of detailed technical knowledge for all other members of the IT function as well as providing advice and guidance on how a solution could be designed and implemented. The role is also responsible for maintaining accurate detailed design library of as built solutions.
Working in the Security Governance and Design Team which is globally distributed with hubs in Netherlands, Germany and UK. The Security Governance and Design Team’s mantra is that a problem is just a pause between ideas and the successful candidate is expected to be able to take a self-starting pragmatic approach to the role. The Digital Security team is part of the IT function and is responsible for delivery of 6 services:
- Monitoring systems for compromise and respond in near real time.
- Managing cyber risk.
- Increasing awareness and educating our people.
- Partners and suppliers about cyber security.
- Providing strategic security management.
- Ensuring IT complies to its control frameworks and standards and supporting projects with technical designs that are 'secure-by-design'.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Documenting the entire company infrastructure landscape.
- Supporting projects throughout the project life cycle;
- Supporting the IT Teams with technical requirements gathering;
- Supporting IT Teams in scoping a technical solution and advising on whether a partner’s cost estimates and timings are reasonable; and
- Supporting the Implementation Teams by providing clarifications on design details to enable successful implementation of the design.
- Developing and documenting detailed solution designs;
- Designing solutions that fit into the existing infrastructure and meet business functional and non-functional requirements.
- Documenting solution designs that can be implemented by Neptune’s Service partners and store them in a central repository; and
- Ensuring solutions are designed for optimum scalability, manageability, performance, security, and supportability.
- Ensuring that designs are secure-by-design and meet the Neptune Architectural standards.
- Working with the Enterprise Architect to define and implement technical standards for both internal and external solutions.
Internal and external interfaces
- IT Operations Team.
- Digital Security Team.
- Client Services Team.
- Projects and Business Solution Teams.
- Project Managers.
- Suppliers and Service Partners Technical Teams.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Extensive experience with windows infrastructure.
- Knowledge of network and firewalling principles.
- Experience with Azure.
- Excellent diagram drawing skills PowerPoint or Visio).
- Fluent in English (oral and written) and one other of Neptune’s main languages would be beneficial.
- Clear written communication skills.
- Customer focused and able to develop strong relationships.
- Ability to maintain focus with great attention to detail.
- Willingness to be trained in Azure cloud architecture.
TMM Recruitment INDIT
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team