IT Support Technician - VR/28546
TMM Recruitment is supporting a global oil services organisation to find an IT Support Technician on a full-time, permanent basis. If you are successful, you will be the first point of contact for IT support within the Eastern Hemisphere region and tasked with ensuring seamless operations. Other daily tasks include, troubleshooting, maintaining hardware/software, and supporting colleagues across the globe. In this role, you are required to bring your technical expertise, problem-solving skills, and positive attitude to the dynamic and friendly team. With International Travel required on an ad hoc basis.
Directly to the Chief Information Officer (who is based in the United States), indirectly to the local Regional Manager and Network Administrator.
In this role you will be supporting the company’s Eastern Hemisphere operations including, UK, Holland, Algeria, Vietnam, Thailand and Middle Eastern countries.
- Serving as the first point of contact for IT support within the Eastern Hemisphere.
- Always working positively and professionally with co-workers, management, customers, and vendors.
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining software and hardware components of computer and network systems.
- Supporting departmental goals and objectives as stated by direct supervisor.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting software and hardware issues.
- Repairing and replacing damaged computer and network components.
- Researching and recommending improvements, replacements, and software to support staff systems.
- Ensuring the security of the corporate network policies are followed by installing required software, virus scan software, monitoring software, etc. as meets policy.
- Supporting people whenever they encounter challenges with computers and network devices. If the challenges need further assistance, escalates the issue to the CIO to determine the next level of support.
- Maintaining and updating technical documentation regularly.
- Testing new hardware and software before full-scale installation.
- Proven work experience in IT support or IT technician roles.
- Degree or advanced apprenticeship in Computer Science, relevant disciplines, or equivalent work experience.
- Positive can-do attitude, willingness to support staff across the globe (may require some after-hours assistance).
- Willingness to travel both locally and globally (infrequently) if requested to do so.
- Knowledge of remote access support tools, cloud-based technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of desktop operating systems (Windows primarily, Linux, and Mac to a lesser degree), printer installation and support, network devices (excluding firewalls, routers, and switches).
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 software and support.
- Practical experience with internet and network security protocols.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Technical documentation skills.
- Organisational and interpersonal skills.
TMM Recruitment INDIT
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team