IT System Administrator - VR/26473
The IT Systems Administrator position with this global organisation is a brilliant opportunity for those looking to build on their IT infrastructure and systems expertise whilst providing invaluable support to staff based locally and internationally, along with developing enhancement projects across the function.
The purpose of the role is to manage and maintain IT infrastructure within the Group and the role holder is expected to guide and assist the helpdesk and provide support where required.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for the support, maintenance, and security of the IT infrastructure.
- Maintaining system security, managing and recommending tools and practices to protect the infrastructure.
- Securely configuring, managing, and maintaining Active Directory, Group Policy, and Office 365 tenants.
- Managing and maintaining patching across servers, network equipment and end user devices, ensuring all critical patching is conducted in a timely fashion.
- Supporting and configuring Microsoft Windows servers and services (e.g., AD services, File and Print, SQL server, Exchange, Remote desktop Services).
- Managing and maintaining internal networking equipment including firewalls and VPNs.
- Working with service providers to maintain external networking and support.
- Configuring and managing security and administration tools e.g., Barracuda TEP, Sentinel One, Unifi, Office 365, Palo Alto.
- Managing and maintaining IT systems and infrastructure required to operate the business.
- Performing security checks and audits of server logs, firewall logs etc.
- Managing and monitoring backups and DR process.
- Managing and maintaining telephone systems.
- Planning and implementing IT projects e.g., server installs and migrations, Office 365 migrations acquisition onboarding.
- Learning new IT systems, technologies and tools as required.
- Coordinating and supporting technical IT projects across Group IT Teams in different regions.
- Supporting Helpdesk and providing guidance to junior members of the team.
- Keeping up to date with latest technology, methods and tools to protect and improve group Infrastructure.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Experienced system administrator with exposure to Windows servers, networking tools, security systems firewalls.
- Ability to manage, coordinate and complete IT projects.
- Configuration and support of Microsoft servers, Virtualisation, storage, Office 365, Firewalls, switches, telephone systems. Knowledge of Powershell is advantageous.
- Able to communicate technical issues in non tech language.
- Relevant degree in IT.
- Extensive experience in a similar organisation in similar role.
TMM Recruitment INDIT
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team