Import/Export Specialist - VR/22248
A 6-month temporary opportunity for an experienced Import / Export Specialist to work with a tier one service provider to the oil & gas industry.
Reporting to the UK Logistics Manager, you will be responsible for providing import / export process efficiency and working jointly with logistics distribution services groups to ensure that the movements of goods in-and-out is completed in compliance with customs regulations, whilst also aiming to improve on-time delivery of goods.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analysing import and export documentation for incoming and outgoing shipments and ensure accuracy of documentation and verify compliance standard.
- Organising delivery to destination.
- Responsibility for updating import and export systems.
- Analysing customs duty exemptions and free trade agreements where necessary to reduce cost of imports and exports.
- Managing day-to-day customs brokers operations and ensure performance is monitored; targeting lead time and cost reductions.
- Liaising with customs and local authorities for daily operational issues.
- Ensuring all import and export duty tariff codes are correctly applied in to all incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Ensuring compliance with customs requirements and managing customs duty costs.
- Managing daily customs and trade compliance issues and reports as per compliance standard.
- Managing Export of Dual Use goods.
- Applying for ICTE or equivalent for movement of explosives.
- Applying for Dual Use Licenses.
Applicants to this position should offer previous experience in a similar role, with proficient knowledge of logistics processes and regulations, as well as knowledge of customs processes and regimes. You should be capable of working independent, thinking strategically and analysing larges amounts of data objectively.
This position is scheduled to start in December 2020 with a duration until June 2021.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team