Indirect Sourcing Specialist - VR/22371
Indirect Sourcing Specialist required to join one of the world’s largest providers of services to the oil and gas industry. This is a 6-month temporary contract, scheduled to commence in February and conclude in August.
As Indirect Sourcing Specialist, you will be responsible for supporting Indirect sites across the UK. Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the lowest possible cost for goods/services, balanced against optimum quality and schedule needs while executing against set strategies.
- Interfacing with and assisting the Global Commodities team to support global commodity strategy implementation.
- Ensuring assigned commodities meet the requirements of global sourcing strategy and the business needs.
- Assisting in identifying and driving new sources of supply and qualifying new suppliers in conjunction with Global Commodities Team.
- Driving the consolidation of the supply base for assigned commodities and negotiate agreements with the suppliers.
- Implementing purchase orders for high value (PO’s) and PO management with sound purchasing practices and assure compliant acquisition of goods or services that meet applicable MSAs, and company and government regulations.
- Identifying opportunities to reduce non-catalogue requests and implement catalogues and punch-outs.
- Interfacing with the buy desk on issues that arise, and helping to ensure that sound fulfilment processes as well as clean hand-offs are established and maintained in the process of identifying and fulfilling business needs.
- Driving improvements in sourcing processes including escalations due to delivery / quality issues, invoicing / payables issues and database management through digitisation and simplification.
- Partnering with key business stakeholders to ensure sourced goods and services meet the needs of the business.
- Soliciting and evaluating proposals employing appropriate negotiation, cost and price analysis techniques.
- Performing market analysis and monitoring supplier progress.
- Monitoring supplier quality and delivery performance and developing improvement strategies to ensure business needs are met.
- Coordinating the training of suppliers to accomplish business initiatives.
Applicants to this position should offer a proven track record of success in a similar sourcing role.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team