Information Security Manager - VR/26488
TMM Recruitment are supporting a global leader in the delivery of offshore projects and services to the energy industry to find an Information Security Manager to join the team in Aberdeen which is the global hub for the IT function. This key role requires a technical cyber security expert to lead a team of analysts, manage third party suppliers and be the central liaison with the business delivering the overall strategy in close collaboration with the department Director.
The Information Security Manager (ISM) role will be responsible for providing a ‘Centre of Excellence’ for Cyber Security and will act as an interface between the IT Cyber Security and Compliance Director's strategic and process-based activities and the work of the technology-focused analysts, engineers, and architects in the IT organisation.
The ISM will translate the IT risk requirements and constraints of the business into technical control requirements and specifications, as well as develop metrics for ongoing performance measurement and reporting. The ISM coordinates the IT organisation's technical activities to implement and manage security infrastructure, and to provide regular status and service-level reports to management.
The ISM is a leadership role that requires an individual with a strong technical background, as well as an ability to work with the IT organisation and business management to align priorities and plans with key business objectives. The ISM will act as an empowered representative of the IT Cyber Security and Compliance Director during IT planning initiatives to ensure that security measures are incorporated into strategic IT plans and that service expectations are clearly defined. The ISM will also be responsible for working with business and IT stakeholders to balance real-world risks with business drivers such as speed, agility, flexibility, and performance.
Expertise in leading project teams and developing and managing projects is essential for success in this role. In addition to supporting the IT Cyber Security and Compliance Director's policies and strategies, the ISM must be able to prioritise work efforts, balancing operational tasks with longer-term strategic security efforts. Vendor relationship management, ensuring that service levels and vendor obligations are met is also an important aspect of this position.
The ISM will be responsible for managing technical staff as they work to accomplish company and personal development goals and must, therefore, have proven leadership skills. Documentation and presentation skills, analytical and critical thinking skills, and the ability to identify needs and take initiative are key requirements of the ISM's position.
IT personnel responsible for managing technical security infrastructure will have reporting lines into the ISM and / or other areas of IT operations (for example, networking, servers, or database management, external MSPMSSP teams), with their security-related activities coordinated by the ISM.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Working with the IT Cyber Security and Compliance Director to develop a security program and security projects that address identified risks and business security requirements.
- Managing the process of gathering, analysing, and assessing the current and future threat landscape, as well as providing the IT Cyber Security and Compliance Director with a realistic overview of risks and threats in the enterprise environment.
- Working with the IT Cyber Security and Compliance Director to develop budget projections based on short- and long-term goals and objectives.
- Monitoring and reporting on compliance with security policies, as well as the enforcement of policies within the IT Department.
- Proposing changes to existing policies and procedures to ensure operating efficiency and regulatory compliance.
- Managing information security and cyber professionals, hire and train new staff, conduct performance reviews, and provide leadership and coaching, including technical and personal development programs for team members.
- Assisting resource owners and IT staff in understanding and responding to security audit failures reported by auditors.
- Providing security communication, awareness and training for audiences across the organisation.
- Managing production issues and incidents, and participate in problem and change management forums.
- Serving as an active and consistent participant in the information security governance process.
- Working with the IT Cyber Security and Compliance Director and IT and business stakeholders to define metrics and reporting strategies that effectively communicate successes and progress of the security program.
- Providing support and guidance for legal and regulatory compliance efforts, including audit support.
- Consulting with IT and security staff to ensure that security is factored into the evaluation, selection, installation and configuration of hardware, applications, and software.
- Recommending and coordinating the implementation of technical controls to support and enforce defined security policies.
- Working with the Infrastructure and Engagement Teams to ensure that there is a convergence of business, technical and security requirements.
- Developing a strong working relationship with the IT Security Team to develop and implement controls and configurations aligned with security policies and legal, regulatory and audit requirements.
- Coordinating, measuring, and reporting on the technical aspects of security management.
- Managing outsourced vendors that provide information security functions for compliance with contracted service-level agreements.
- Managing and coordinating operational components of incident management, including detection, response, and reporting.
- Maintaining a knowledgebase comprising a technical reference library, security advisories and alerts, information on security trends and practices, and laws and regulations.
- Managing the day-to-day activities of threat and vulnerability management, identify risk tolerances, recommend treatment plans and communicate information about residual risk.
- Managing security projects and provide expert guidance on security matters for other IT projects.
- Assisting and guiding the disaster recovery planning team in the selection of recovery strategies and the development, testing and maintenance of disaster recovery plans.
- Ensuring audit trails, system logs and other monitoring data sources are reviewed periodically and are in compliance with policies and audit requirements.
Key Relationship/ Stakeholders
External - Industry peers; Relevant authorities, including audit partners; Key IT service partners; Key business partners, including clients and joint venture partners; Relevant professional bodies, classification societies, standardisation organisations
Internal - Heads of business functions and Senior Management; IT colleagues across the full range of disciplines
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Several years of IT experience, with strong experience within an information security role and relevant experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Preferred security certification (e.g., CISSP, CISM).
- Significant experience delivering Information Security across a large / global organisation.
- Experience governing cyber security control framework (e.g., NIST, ISO).
- Experience in delivering Information Security in modern digital workplace and cloud infrastructure.
- Proven experience of governance or ensuring delivery of third-party or internal SOC.
- Solid technical background, preferably across several disciplines.
- Proficiency in performing risk, business impact, control and vulnerability assessments, and in defining treatment strategies.
- Preferred knowledge of cyber risk in Maritime industry and OT (Operational Technology) / SCADA infrastructure.
- Preferred information security and data protection regulatory compliance experience (e.g., GDPR).
- Preferred ITIL qualifications.
- Operates with the highest level of confidentiality.
- Evidence of good leadership skills and self-motivation.
- Evidence of ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Good negotiation skills and the ability to communicate with business stakeholders, senior management, and IT Partners with a positive approach to customer care.
- Good understanding of IT infrastructure & applications with knowledge of industry standards and current technology trends.
TMM Recruitment INDIT
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team