Instructors – Multi-Discipline / Working at Height / Rigging - VR/22860
We are currently assisting one of our clients in the creation of a pool of flexible of Instructors / Trainers on an ad-hoc contract basis. These are not staff roles. We are looking for people who are able to mobilise on jobs offshore or to do site work in Aberdeen (or UK wide) as required.
For both Aberdeen base and offshore, we are looking for Trainers / Instructors in the following;
- Offshore Instructors (multi disciplines);
- Working at Height Instructors; and
- Rigging Instructors.
Delivering high quality training to course delegates through demonstration, coaching and assessment to meet required standards.
- Delivering standard, endorsed, accredited, approved and bespoke training course material to delegates/ clients to industry standards such as OPITO, RTITB, HSE, ECITB, NPORS, MCA and RYA.
- Coaching and assessing delegates / clients during training sessions against relevant standards to ensure they meet the required learning objectives, addressing any learning gaps.
- Ensuring delivery of training courses are comprehensive, consistently meeting the specified lesson plans against the scheduled timetable.
- Ensuring all training material is prepared in advance for delegates as well as classrooms being fit for purpose i.e. general tidiness and layout.
- Ensuring administration procedures are followed from enrolment to certification.
- Identifying opportunities for improvement in the design of training courses and where appropriate support process of modifying training material.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of current health and safety legislation relevant to course delivery and industry standards.
Proactively undertaking any personal development required for the role on an ad-hoc basis as well as any requirements
- Undertaking training to meet the requirements of your role.
- Behaving in a manner that respects the differing needs and cultures of the staff.
- Actively participating in an Annual Appraisal and providing evidence to demonstrate your achievements.
- Demonstrating company values and non-negotiable behaviours in delivering a quality service to both internal and external customers.
To identify your development needs within the Annual Appraisal to ensure that any CPD requirements are achieved and demonstrated in practice.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Contributes to profits and revenue.
Promotes a harassment-free environment.
Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organisational values.
Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
Prioritises and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
Approaches others in a tactful manner; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
Safety and Security
Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions.
Displays original thinking and creativity; Generates suggestions for improving work.
Assessor qualifications; teaching/ training qualification; Successful completion of qualifications as advised in training matrix.
Dependent upon the role there may be specific qualifications required in order to perform the role such as:
- Crane Instructors will be required to hold a current Offshore Stage 3 Crane certificate.
- Moving Load Instructors and Rigging instructors will be required to hold industry competence/ certification.
- Dependent upon the role specific knowledge or experience may be required in one or all of the following areas onshore construction, onshore/ offshore oil & gas industry and/or training and learning environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of people.
- Ability to become competent in the theories and practical elements for course delivery; Experience of mentoring and supervising a team/ individuals in operational role;
- Ability to use IT systems e.g. PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Regularly required to stand; sometimes required to work in inclement weather.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team