Lead Electrical Design & Project Engineer - VR/27361
Currently recruiting for an experienced Lead Electrical Design & Project Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas service company based in Cove, Aberdeen.
Although a lead position, the client is open to taking on a more junior candidate who perhaps hasn’t held a senior or lead role as yet. This role would suit a candidate who possesses electrical design / project engineering experience, as well as hazardous area experience.
The Lead Electrical Design and Project Engineer will provide expertise to the team in regard to the design, calculation, specification and requisition of electrical equipment, as well as the comprehensive analysis of electrical designs to ensure inherently safe systems.
The Lead Electrical Design & Project Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- To be the lead engineering authority within the team. To take an active role in the completion of engineering tasks.
- Developing the specification, design and documentation of systems and components, electrical schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Producing the specification, selection and procurement of materials and services.
- Applying an understanding of engineering principles and technologies applicable to the oil and gas industry.
- Applying the relevant industry standards (e.g., API, ABS, DNV, IECEx and ATEX), to a level necessary to guide the company in their application.
- Applying CAD proficiency to produce electrical drawings.
- Providing material costing information for project quotes and being able to assess the cost and time implications of design decisions.
- Producing Bills of Material.
- Carrying out electrical interface design including cable schedules, termination details and cable layout diagrams.
- Creating instrumentation on selection loop diagrams, PLC / SCADA I/O list, instrumentation on index, logic diagrams and panel design.
- Performing conceptual and/or detailed design of instruments / control system application.
- Performing cable and voltage drop calculations and prepare data sheets.
- Producing, executing and analysing test specifications.
- Producing operation manuals, maintenance procedures and other technical documents.
- Liaising with clients, suppliers and peers during normal day-to-day activities.
- Supporting offshore surveys, installation, commissioning and fault-finding services (some ad-hoc offshore travel will be necessary).
- Mentoring and supporting Engineers and Technicians during design, manufacturing and testing activities.
- Technical report writing.
- Reviewing engineering documentation.
- An Engineering degree qualification (preferably in an Electrical discipline) is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar Electrical Design / Project Engineer type role, within the North Sea oil and gas industry, is essential.
- A proven track record of successfully executing engineering projects is essential.
- Experience in overseeing fast-delivery projects from concept to completion is essential.
- Hazardous area experience is essential.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team