Lead Electrical Engineer - VR/26814
Currently recruiting for an experienced Lead Electrical Engineer on a contract basis for an E&P Company based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire. The contract will initially run until the end of November 2023 - however, it’s a core contract position that will be eligible for annual renewal so it will be a long-term opportunity. The company are only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role.
The post holder will act as the Lead Discipline Engineer within the Maintenance and Inspection Department of the asset and will lead a team of Discipline Engineers in the provision of technical / engineering advice and support in relation to maintenance activities.
Reporting to the Field Operations Leader, the Lead Electrical Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Working closely with GMOC tier one Engineers and ensure GMOC plan. Resource and execute jobs in accordance with maintenance strategy and standards.
- Setting clear priorities and timeframe to GMOC and check work / project progress follow proposed targets.
- Providing specialist technical / engineering advice and guidance to onshore and site personnel including GMOC on the operation and maintenance of plant / equipment, ensuring highest safety standards, a timely response to queries and minimal disruption to operations.
- Encouraging the reporting of all incidents, ensure that incidents are investigated and action incident close-outs as appropriate.
- Conducting ad-hoc technical surveys on site / offshore and at vendor / repair locations, providing detailed technical reports identifying problems and solutions and ensuring optimum performance from contractors.
- Ensuring all relevant operations and maintenance procedures and documentation are maintained in an accurate manner. Ensure current status is available on request.
- Ensuring that maintenance activities are appropriately prioritised within operations maintenance plans.
- Preparing / reviewing scopes of work and economic justification for modifications, ensuring they are correctly engineered, documented and reported, and that all maintenance activities / modifications are implemented in accordance with statutory / Company standards and are correctly closed-out. Managing actions in stream in accordance with priority and target end dates.
- Preparing / reviewing scopes of work for vendor services, making recommendations on preferred contractors and coordinating vendors, materials and equipment for planned and unplanned activities. Monitoring and controlling manpower usage, vendor / contractor performance and expenditure. Leading, as appropriate, in vendor / contractor audits.
- Ensuring that all activities are carried out in a safe and effective manner and that all interventions are controlled by authorised persons, satisfy statutory and company standards and that no hazardous incidents or events occur.
- Undertaking in-depth analysis / studies of problems and recommend longer-term solutions and / or options and make recommendations to line management for approval. Investigating more complex problems by leading multi-discipline teams / projects in conjunction with other operations personnel or Technology department.
- Contributing to the development of plant / equipment monitoring tools and strategies. Proactively monitoring, reviewing and analysing plant and equipment performance and providing feedback to Line Management, identifying obsolescence problems, opportunities to maximise production and performance and sharing best practice.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A relevant engineering degree qualification is essential.
- Chartered Engineer status would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a Lead Electrical Engineer type role, within the North Sea oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly with an E&P Company / Operator, would be preferred.
- Previous offshore / site experience is essential.
- Experience with offshore / terminal plant and equipment and maintenance systems are essential.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team