Lead Process Engineer - VR/27202
Currently recruiting for an experienced Lead Process Engineer on a contract basis for an E&P Company based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire. It’s a 12-month maternity cover contract position and the company are only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role. Hybrid working opportunities will also be available.
Reporting to the Production Leader, the Lead Process Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
Safety / Environment:
- Maintaining means of assurance activities required to achieve and maintain the performance standards for process related safety and environmental critical equipment over the asset life cycle.
- Ensuring appropriate process engineering input to HAZOPs, HAZIDs, risk assessments, SIL assessments and other technical safety assessments / audits, both during the actual assessment and during subsequent action resolution.
- Managing timely resolution of Synergi actions against the team.
- Providing SMART room and site personnel with technical support to maximise safe production.
- Analysing and resolving production / process / flow assurance issues, utilising appropriate techniques and through liaising with asset field operations.
- Proposing and justifying modifications to improve safety, reliability, efficiency, production, environmental and cost performance.
- Providing support to the site to ensure timely and effective delivery of modifications, including initiation of cases, design and engineering, assisting with the preparation of work packs, implementation on site and close-out for process led scopes.
Process Engineering, Flow Assurance and Studies:
- Initiating and leading process studies for plant modifications related to process discipline.
- Ensuring preparation of clear, concise and comprehensive RFM dossiers, and effective handover to asset Maintenance Team or third party engineering company for detailed engineering and implementation.
- Ensuring appropriate process engineering input to commercial and development studies carried out by the Performance and Growth Team.
- Ensuring appropriate engineering assistance to Shutdown Team.
- Liaising with the process TA / HQ with regards to process engineering requirements, rules and specifications.
- Approving as built and design process documentation, technical reports and nonstandard isolations in line with process procedures.
- Managing the provision of flow assurance support, including preparing, reviewing and updating flow assurance aspects of site operating procedures.
- Interfacing and coordinating with other departments impacted by flow assurance issues (e.g., subsea, well intervention, shutdown and production chemistry).
Management of Third Party Vendors:
- Preparing and approving scopes of work for third party vendor / consultancy services to carry out study and modification work.
- Undertaking technical bid evaluations on third party proposals.
- Managing the interface between third parties and site operations.
- Monitoring progress of third parties carrying out study / design and engineering work to ensure timely and cost-effective resolution of production / safety / integrity issues.
- Managing Tier 2 Process Team workload and priorities.
- Providing coaching and leadership for direct reports.
- Participating in recruitment and professional development / mentoring of less experienced Engineers.
- Participating in the preparation and management of the asset Process Team budget throughout the year.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A relevant chemical / process engineering degree qualification is essential.
- Chartered Engineer status, or working towards, would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Lead Process Engineer type role, within the North Sea oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly with an E&P company / operator, would be preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of onshore / offshore process and production systems, as well as flow assurance issues, is essential.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team