Legal Contracts Advisor - VR/22744
A permanent opportunity for a Legal Contracts Advisor to join our client, an organisation that takes pride in being a leader in the energy industry, to provide support on their business activities in the UK and across the globe.
The successful applicant will enjoy a challenging and diverse remit, with responsibility across a broad range of products and services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting in the assessment of client ITT documents. Identifying and developing appropriate commercial strategies.
- Sourcing specialist input from colleagues across the business, and external advisors, as required.
- Identifying risks and deviations from the company’s tendering and contracting principles and, where necessary, obtaining senior management approval.
- Identifying gaps and interdependencies related contractual agreements e.g. partnering agreements, vessel charter parties and sub-contracts.
- Preparing and negotiating contractual qualifications with new and existing clients.
- Conducting the qualification, negotiation, preparation, and administration of Bank Guarantees, Parent Company Guarantees and Insurance requirements.
- Preparing contract and risk summaries to ensure that all relevant project personnel are aware of contractual obligations, risks and objectives.
- Resolving contractual and financial disputes on live projects, consulting with and advising Commercial Managers.
- Supporting the wider Supply Chain Management team to ensure that any project Subcontracts / Procurement adheres to the supplier contracting principles.
- Participating in tender evaluation, negotiation and subcontract awards.
- Reviewing, drafting, qualifying and negotiating various types of contractual documentation, including; frame agreements, project contracts, subcontracts, standard terms, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements and letters of intent.
Applicants to this vacancy should offer previous experience in a similar role within the oil and gas industry. You’ll ideally be degree educated in Law or a relevant business discipline. It’s essential that you are commercially-focused, with a sound knowledge of Contract Law and the ability to draft in a legal / contractual context. Subsea industry experience would be advantageous but is not essential.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team