Legal Counsel - VR/26315
Join a visionary, full-cycle energy services organisation. This business puts people at the heart of its success.
As Legal Counsel, you’ll Support the Group Contracts Manager providing an in-house legal service to the Group in a wide variety of ways and ensuring legal and ethical integrity in all forms of Group activities, contracts and agreements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing general legal advice to support the activities of the Legal and Contracts Department.
- Providing support and legal advice in relation to intellectual property matters and general commercial matters in order to assist the decision-making process.
- Reviewing service and sales contracts proposed by clients or drafting the company’s own such contracts and negotiation of terms and conditions as required in order to protect the Group’s interest and exposure to risk.
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing general commercial agreements including; alliance/partnering/joint venture agreements, research and development/marketing/IP licensing/manufacturing/ supply agreements, agency agreements, confidentiality agreements and consultancy and service agreements as such agreements are required.
- Reviewing and negotiating contract terms and conditions in tender/bid submissions for provision of Group services; drafting Invitations to Tender for subcontractor services and evaluating tenders received for selection of subcontractors for Group main-contract tenders to provide for satisfactory bidding procedures and tender responses.
- Providing legal support at commercial/technical meetings with Operator clients, technology and design partners and vendors to ensure the Group position at such meetings is neither compromised nor exposed to undue risk and that discussions are facilitated to reach acceptable resolutions.
- Developing standard procedures and model forms of contracts and clauses for consistency of approach in the Group’s dealings with others.
- Liaising with external lawyers in domestic and foreign jurisdictions, international, central and local authority agencies when occasion requires to ensure compliance with legal/governmental requirements.
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing agreements relating to Group properties and instructing/supervising external legal advisors performing this role. Maintaining the Group property register.
Applicants to this position should be educated to degree-level (or equivalent), with 3+ years PQE and experience of working in a professional, commercial legal practice.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team