Legal Counsel - VR/27427
A fantastic opportunity to join a life sciences company, dedicated to research in neurogenerative diseases. Based in central Aberdeen, our client offers a flexible working environment and is open either a full-time or part-time arrangement.
In your role as Legal Counsel, you’ll provide legal advice to internal stakeholders and support with external operations and transactions as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting with contract review and negotiation.
- Supporting with company secretarial duties for UK companies.
- Supporting with corporate transactions.
- Supporting the main priorities of the company, including but not limited to, regulatory approval and commercialisation launch.
- Ensuring Legal Department adheres to all company SOPs and internal QA guidance.
- Company secretarial work and liaison with external company secretary to ensure compliance with UK Companies Act.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following qualifications, experience, and skills:
- LLB and Diploma of Legal Practice.
- Qualified as a Solicitor in a UK jurisdiction.
- Current Practicing Certificate.
- 5+ years PQE (flexible for the right candidate).
- Admitted as a Notary Public, registered with FCO (beneficial).
- Degree in a scientific discipline and / or pharmaceutical / biotech industry experience (advantageous but not essential).
- In-house procurement / subcontractor management experience (preferred).
- Proven experience of contract drafting, face-to-face negotiation and finalising vendor contract using a risk-based, pragmatic approach.
- Experience in company secretarial work.
- Experience in corporate transactions and management of data rooms.
- Experience in data protection compliance.
- Ability to build internal networks with colleagues across various disciplines.
- Ability to distil complex legal principles into useful, practical advice for non-lawyers.
- Working knowledge of intellectual proposal law.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
TMM Recruitment INDLEG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team