Logistics Co-ordinator - VR/29042
Logistics Coordinator required to undertake an initial 8-month temporary contract. Well suited to applicants with strong supply chain and logistics experience, preferably gained in the oil and gas/energy sector. You’ll need a detailed knowledge of regulations for transporting dangerous goods by air and sea and a proven competence in HM Customs and Excise regulations for import and export.
This organisation is a world leading provider of hi-tech solutions for the energy industry.
In your role as Logistics Coordinator, you’ll be responsible for the accurate and efficient shipping of company equipment.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Recording and maintaining detailed information for all import and export shipments.
- Ensuring applications for Customs guarantee are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensuring all HM Customs and Excise requirements are adhered to specifically concerning the movement of FCG and RGR goods.
- Ensuring all equipment movements are in accordance to load out list/manifest.
- Handling of dangerous goods and offshore shipments.
- Creating delivery tickets / proforma invoices (including customs status, value, tariff codes) for each item for equipment going out on jobs.
- Preparing commercial invoice and packing list for freight going outside of the UK.
- Requesting quotes and arrange transport through Freight Forwarders.
- Provide clearance instructions for imports into the UK.
- Checking of internal freight invoices and rental invoices.
- Arranging for inspection and certification checks of hired equipment.
- Overall responsibility for the stores.
This opportunity is well suited to applicants with strong supply chain and logistics experience, preferably gained in the oil and gas/energy sector. You’ll need a detailed knowledge of regulations for transporting dangerous goods by air and sea and a proven competence in HM Customs and Excise regulations for import and export.
It is essential that you are proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word. Experience of Microsoft Dynamics Navision would be beneficial. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team is required.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team