Logistics Coordinator - VR/23271
A permanent opportunity for an experienced Logistics Coordinator to join a leading international drilling contractor based in Aberdeen.
In your role as Logistics Coordinator, you’ll be responsible for administering the logistics and trade compliance function and its requirements to ensure highly efficient and effective cargo movement for the company’s operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administering the import / export compliance programme, ensuring controls are in place that comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
- Assisting on emergency shipments, customs questions, missing supplier documents or information.
- Mobilising and managing internal and external logistics resources to ensure on-time and accurate deliveries of required materials at lowest possible cost.
- Identifying inefficiencies and areas of growth within current distribution network to continuously improve the balance between the level and cost of service.
- Managing logistics cost via freight rate benchmarks, freight consolidations opportunities, process flow reviews and assisting with annual freight rate negotiations.
- Monitoring market trends and freight / shipping indices; ensure company benefits adjustments in market pricing.
- Ensuring efficient, cost effective and timely delivery of materials to final destinations.
- Responsibility for customs and logistics for rig mobilisation and demobilisation between countries/projects.
- Controlling import and export documentation, interfacing with freight forwarders, liaising with Procurement Departments and company bases worldwide.
- Assisting the operational departments and rig sites to find alternate logistic solutions where necessary.
- Providing assistance for special projects in terms of budgeting logistic costs, clarifying procedures.
- Auditing records customs import and export documents and compliance with local regulations.
- Coordinating with the Trade Compliance department to ensure all equipment is compliant with Customs and Tax regulations.
Applicants to this position should offer previous experience in a similar Logistics role, with solid understanding of incoterms, trade compliance and import/export transactions. Knowledge of drilling equipment would be beneficial.
You’ll need excellent communication skills, the ability to analyse data and be comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding environment. This role is primarily based in Aberdeen, although will require travel to other locations.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team