Management Accountant - VR/26901
Management Accountant required on a permanent basis for a large manufacturing organisation based in Aberdeenshire. This role can be based in the office, however remote working within Scotland will also be considered with the caveat of visits to the office for monthly meetings.
This position ideally requires a Qualified Accountant with a practice background, however relevant industry experience will also be considered. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate looking to grow and expand on their career as well as getting involved in large scale projects throughout the organisation. A strong working understanding of basic accounting is required as well as managing multiple entities. Manufacturing experience is desired but not essential and part time working may also be considered. This is a hands-on role reporting to the Financial Controller and CFO. The role is permanent but they may also consider a temporary worker in the interim.
Overview of the Role
- The Management Accountant is accountable for the preparation and control, development and delivery of all Revenue Streams and Operations Management Information and costings.
- Providing support around the management accounting, forecasting, and budgeting process for all functional and revenue streams.
- Ensuring adherence to internal and legal financial regulations and requirements as set by the company.
- Preparing the Revenue Stream Management Information.
- Preparing the monthly financial costings and Management Information for the Operations side of the business.
- Leading the finance section of the monthly operational costings meetings with Site Managers to ensure they are fully up to speed with their financials.
- Working with the Operations Managers to obtain monthly commentary for the draft of the Operations Management Pack.
- Monthly meetings with the Revenue Stream Director/Heads Of to talk through full P&L. This will include understanding everything from Sales down to Net Profit. This includes a detailed understanding of margins as well as costs.
- Obtaining the commentary every month from the Revenue Stream Directors/Head Of and incorporating into the draft of the Management Information Pack.
- Developing and maintaining the Management Information Pack (this includes the full Management Accounts analysis).
- Ensuring delivery of an effective set of key Sales Analysis, Reporting and KPIs in conjunction with relevant Revenue Streams, Managers and Directors.
- In conjunction with Accounts Assistant and BI Team Leader, develops and delivers budgeting and forecasting data throughout the business.
- Providing analytic support to the business to enable financial forecasting as required.
- Supporting the business with future budgeting, planning and forecasting.
- Providing financial support to new project or acquisitions as the requirement arises.
- Adhering to internal controls, and processes throughout the business.
- Providing into to the delivery of an effective set of key KPIs / costings in conjunction with Department Manager.
- In conjunction with department Manager, takes action on these KPI’s where figures are not hitting target or benchmark.
- Awareness of accounting requirements.
- Supporting the function in the delivery of the financial strategy of the business.
- Supporting the annual business planning process with awareness of financial budgets and assumptions.
- Providing input and support to the financial budget for specific function.
- Supporting and promoting all group wide financial and business policies and procedures ensuring adherence within specific function.
- Assisting the Manager in ensuring budget targets are met within area of responsibility, raising any areas out with the budget that need urgent action or spend.
- Supporting the concept of continuous improvement within the business.
- Supporting the CI framework and helps embed it within the function.
- Providing input and support to departmental CI projects.
- Supporting and encouraging change within specific function.
- Encouraging collaboration across sites and functions.
- Ensuring direct reports have CI related goals and are held accountable for delivery.
- Recommending improvements or initiatives to reduce unnecessary complexity within business processes and to introduce better ways of working.
- Facilitating and supporting resolution of barriers when escalated.
- Supporting prioritisation of initiatives.
- Sponsoring change initiatives from concept to project delivery.
TMM Recruitment INDFIN
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team