Marine Adviser (FPSO’s) – VR/24392
We are currently looking for a Marine Adviser on a permanent, staff basis in Aberdeen - who will act as technical focal point and providing guidance to the Offshore Marine Superintendents, with the aim of maximising efficiency of overall marine operations / projects and to prioritise marine concerns.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Visiting respective operational FPSOs at regular intervals and act as focal point / first point of contact in the Aberdeen Base for the Offshore Marine Superintendents on all marine-related matters.
- Providing assistance and advice as required with the aim to efficient execution of routine and non-routine marine operations / projects.
- Reporting and advising Asset Manager on a regular basis on marine activities, issues and developments.
- Undertaking troubleshooting on marine systems as required supporting other discipline Engineers as required.
- Assisting in preparing the marine budgets for operational FPSOs.
- Liaising with onshore vendors in the preparation of work-scopes for offshore visits.
- Assisting in the audit of shuttle tankers and attend shuttle tanker interface meetings.
- Active involvement in management of vessels modifications process.
- Assisting in the audit of lifting equipment and lifting operations where required.
- Carrying out audits of standby and other support vessels as required.
- Liaising with HSEQ to progress marine issues raised by HSE re: planning and implementation of response.
- Attending hazard identification risk assessments for subsea operations and other marine related activities e.g. heading control operations.
- Onshore / offshore experience in a marine capacity in FPSO operations (UKCS O&G experience) including class / flag interface management.
- Master Mariner (unlimited) certificate of competency.
- Tanker endorsement (oil).
- Knowledge of POSMIOR-TA requirements.
- Familiar with applicable laws, rules, regulations and standards for UKCS FPSO operations including class and flag requirements.
- Combined Offshore Survival / Firefighting / HUET and UEUK medical certificate.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team