Materials Engineer - Pipeline Materials & Manufacture - VR/23762
Currently recruiting for an experienced Materials Engineer - Pipeline Materials and Manufacture on a permanent staff basis for a Subsea company based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
At present, the company is offering a hybrid working arrangement, whereby the successful candidate would be able to work up to 2 days per week from home / remotely.
The Materials Engineer – Pipeline Materials and Manufacture will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Contributing to team development through coaching and generating ideas with colleagues.
- Ensuring the quality of work issued is high and conforms with company procedures.
- Undertaking review during tender to ensure that client specific requirements are fully captured in the final technical requirements issued to the supplier.
- Undertaking materials selection study during FEED or tender, and advising the Projects Team of the most appropriate selection for their project.
- Performing corrosion allowance review using the NORSOK model during tender to allow commercial assessment of competing solutions.
- Reviewing sub-contractor’s critical documentation, such as ITP, MPS and technical procedures, ensuring that they are compliant against the agreed specification.
- Effectively managing on-going R&D tasks that have been allocated by the PMM Technical Manager to ensure they are completed to forecast schedule and budget.
- Assisting in the development of R&D proposals for future activities.
- Preparing group procurement specifications and product governance documents, including the management of the Steering Group review process prior to issuing new Group standards.
- Writing technical documentation relating to R&D activities.
Experience / Qualifications:
- An MEng / MSc degree qualification in materials, mechanical or manufacturing engineering – with a strong focus on metallurgy – is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar Materials Engineer type role, within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Strong knowledge of SURF systems, particularly relating to pipeline materials / manufacturing technologies, is essential.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team