Mechanical Design Engineer (Industrial Machinery Design) - VR/22391
Currently recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer on a permanent staff basis for a manufacturing company based in Altens, Aberdeen. Some remote / home working could be possible - however, this role will involve going between the workshop and office, therefore it will likely be mainly office-based in the long-term. This role would suit an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer who has previous experience of designing industrial type machinery, relating to moving parts, gears, hydraulics, electric motors, actuators and pneumatics. The successful candidate will be expected to have worked in a manufacturing / fabrication / assembly type environment, and this role could also suit a candidate who has experience with machinery manufacture, as well as agricultural machinery design.
Reporting to the Technical Director, the Mechanical Design Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Delivering detailed information to the fabrication and assembly workshops, to enable the correct and precise manufacture of the company’s products.
- Providing mechanical engineering support to the Sales Team.
- Customer and contract requirements analysis and specification.
- Technical procedure and product manual writing.
- Development and testing of new designs and prototypes.
- Managing projects to meet specification, cost and timeline requirements.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Mechanical Design Engineer type role, relating to industrial machinery design, is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to have design engineering experience with moving parts, gears, hydraulics, electric motors, actuators and pneumatics.
- A proven track record of working as an Engineer in a design office and workshop environment is essential.
- Experience in 3D modelling, 2D design and drafting is essential.
- Previous design experience with SolidWorks is essential.
- Experience in the design of mechanical components for steel fabrication and assembly is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to possess sound knowledge of manufacturing procedures, welding, fabrication and machine shop techniques.
- Previous experience of generating mechanical documentation for production / manufacturing environments is essential.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team