Mechanical Design Engineer - VR/27597
Currently recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas service company based in Portlethen, Aberdeenshire.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will play a key role in providing conceptual and detailed mechanical designs for the complete range of company products. This role would suit a candidate who is in the early stages of their mechanical design engineering career.
Reporting to the Technical Director, the Mechanical Design Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Delivering detailed information to fabrication and assembly workshops to enable the correct and precise manufacture of products.
- Providing mechanical engineering support to the Sales Team.
- Conducting customer and contract requirements analysis and specification.
- Technical procedure and product manual writing.
- Developing and testing new designs and prototypes.
- Managing projects to meet specification, cost and timeline requirements.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A relevant engineering degree qualification would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Design Engineer type role, within a workshop environment, is essential.
- Experience in 3D modelling, 2D design and drafting using SolidWorks is essential.
- Experience in the design of mechanical components for steel fabrication and assembly is essential.
- Experience of generating mechanical documentation within a production environment is essential.
- Applicants should have knowledge of manufacturing procedures, as well as welding, fabrication and machine shop techniques.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team