Mechanical Design Engineer - VR/28319
Currently recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas service company based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will provide mechanical engineering expertise to develop a wide range of mechanical and electro-hydraulic equipment, as well as back deck winches and machinery. The post holder will provide technical assistance to Asset Maintenance, CAPEX equipment manufacture projects, as well as operational support to the existing rental fleet of back deck equipment.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Interfacing with other Engineering Team members and disciplines to deliver successful project execution.
- Designing mechanical and electro-hydraulic equipment in line with functional specifications and project budgets, as set out by internal stakeholders and project teams.
- Ensuring continual improvement of design activities / output through effective use of design
- reviews, project feedback and lessons learned.
- Working under own initiative to deliver engineering deliverables, as required to support project requirements.
- Collaborating with a team of Designers and Engineers to successfully deliver design engineering projects.
- Cooperating with external engineering resources, as required, to meet project demands.
- Compiling design engineering calculations for mechanical and structural deliverables.
- Selecting mechanical and hydraulic components (with guidance from Hydraulic Design Engineer) based on functional requirements.
- Delivering high quality design and engineering solutions.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A relevant engineering degree qualification would be preferred.
- Chartered Engineer status would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly within the marine or offshore oil and gas sectors, is essential.
- Applicants should have knowledge of the typical industry and technical standards, such as LOLER, PUWER, HSAW and DNV.
- Experience with design software is essential. Applicants should have experience with Inventor, AutoCAD, Vault, Mathcad and FS2000 (or STAAD).
- Applicants should have knowledge of winches, drive systems, rotating equipment, bearing arrangements and associated limits and fits.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team