Mechanical Engineer - VR/28167
Currently recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas service company based in Cove, Aberdeen.
This role would suit a candidate who has held a similar design/project engineering-focused Mechanical Engineer type role within an oil and gas service / manufacturing company type environment. Experience with umbilicals, hydraulic flying leads and extruded products would be preferred.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Mechanical Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Leading the overall design, qualification and manufacturing activities for assigned projects.
- Leading, and participating in, engineering design reviews.
- Participating in the technical development of fluid transfer solutions.
- Delivering safe, economic, engineered solutions – considering all aspects from feasibility studies through to commissioning.
- Liaising with customers to establish and advise on their technical specifications and requirements, taking into consideration the specifics of their application, industry standards, guidelines, best practice and any other relevant information.
- Liaising with the Engineering Team and wider organisation to ensure effective communication.
- Ensuring full compliance during all engineering and related activities, with regards to sound engineering practice and adherence to relevant internal/external procedures, guidelines and standards.
- Liaising with suppliers on technical and engineering matters.
- Liaising with the workshop on final assembly and testing activities.
- Delivering engineering documentation in a timely manner to meet project requirements.
- A degree qualification in Mechanical Engineering, or a similar discipline.
- Previous experience in a similar role within the North Sea oil and gas industry.
- Experience with the design, manufacture and assembly of multi-component assemblies.
- Project engineering/management experience with complex development or manufacturing activities.
- Experience with Autodesk Inventor.
- Chartered Engineer status or working towards.
- New product development experience.
- Experience with umbilicals, hydraulic flying leads (HFL’s) and extruded products.
- Experience in the design of IWOCS umbilical systems and encapsulated control lines.
- Experience of participating in engineering reviews and/or investigations with customers.
- PED/ATEX knowledge.
- Experience of carrying out engineering calculations (e.g., stress, strain, load, bending etc.).
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team