Mechanical Maintenance Support Engineer – Lifeboats - VR/23201
Currently recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Maintenance Support Engineer - Lifeboats on a contract basis for an oil and gas operator based in Kingswells, Aberdeen. The initial contract is due to finish on 20/12/21 - however, it is anticipated that the contract duration will likely be for 2 years. The company is only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role. Offshore visits / trips may be required as part of this role, therefore applicants must be willing to work offshore.
An onshore office-based role in the main, the Mechanical Maintenance Support Engineer – Lifeboats will act as the technical focal point for all CNS or NNS lifeboat related issues within the remit of their engineering discipline.
The Mechanical Maintenance Engineer – Lifeboats will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinating planned modifications, overhauls, repairs, and corrective maintenance.
- Accountable for all CNS and NNS asset lifeboat modifications, ensuring that the budgeted modifications are prioritised and are being progressed to plan.
- Resolving and communicating efficiently with onshore planners and the offshore team.
- Ensuring critical spares are sourced and held within company inventory.
- Liaising with the appointed lifeboat contract focal points.
- Ensuring the scopes are work packed and managed through the company’s guidance on certification (GOC) system.
- Responding, as appropriate, to discipline related queries and maintenance support requests.
- Liaising with the Engineering Department to resolve technical queries in a timely manner.
- Utilising SAP to coordinate Service Requests, Work Orders and associated maintenance.
- Coordinating equipment repairs for relevant discipline area, including process of dispersals, vendor liaison and associated logistics.
- Coordinating urgent material requisitions, including vendor liaison and associated logistics.
- Scheduling and coordinating vendor scopes and offshore mobilisations, inclusive of work pack compilations.
- Further developing equipment Bill of Materials in discipline area.
- Coordinating and providing input to yearly vendor maintenance plans and vendor work pack process.
- Providing input to the asset maintenance planning process, as required.
- Providing input and support to Turnaround planning process, as appropriate for discipline work scopes.
- Liaising closely with key vendors and contractors to ensure satisfactory level of service is continuously achieved.
- Attending asset maintenance planning meetings to provide progress update of maintenance assigned activities.
- Participating in the development and continuous improvement of maintenance strategies and development of long-term equipment plans.
- Liaising closely with the Procurement and Warehouse Management groups, as appropriate.
- Conducting offshore visits to the assets, as required.
- Providing technical support and feedback for HSE audit findings or queries.
- Assisting in the creation and authorisation of appropriate corrective work orders and deferrals.
- Assisting with Operational Risk Assessments (ORA’s) where required.
- Developing and updating procedures for pump replacement and repairs.
- Endorsing relevant Engineering Queries (EQ’s) and ensure appropriate close out or progression through an appropriate MOC method.
- Interfacing with Operations Team on pressure systems, mechanical maintenance and materials issues, as well as the suitability and operability of equipment.
- Ensuring all lifeboat actions are actively managed and closed out within appropriate timescales.
- Conducting incident and / or equipment failure investigations.
- Conducting Asset or vendor visits and audits of procedures, systems and processes relative to the role, and as per the agreed audit schedule.
- Facilitating overhaul scopes with the appropriate team members.
- Providing justification for contract re-approval.
- Previous experience in a similar office-based Mechanical Maintenance Support Engineer type role, within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly with an oil and gas operator, would be preferred.
- Previous experience in providing mechanical support to lifeboats would be preferred.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team