Mechanical Maintenance Technician - VR/23258
We are looking for a Maintenance Mechanical Technician who is responsible for the Mechanical maintenance, repair and installation of Production Line Plant and Support Equipment involved in the manufacturing of offshore buoyancy equipment. This is to support a 24-hour Production Plant operation.
- Carrying out PPM tasks on production plant and equipment.
- Carrying out repairs to production plant and equipment to ensure minimum downtime to production.
- Fault finding and diagnose problems with production line plant.
- Working with Fabrication / Welding Engineers to install new and replacement plant and equipment.
- Maintaining a record of maintenance activities carried out on plant and equipment.
- Calibrating plant and equipment within ISO 9001 standards.
- Ensuring all maintenance operations are carried out in accordance with Health & Safety procedures, risk assessments and safe systems of work.
- Assisting Electrical Maintenance Technicians to carry out their tasks when required.
- Maintaining a safe and tidy working environment.
- Must be prepared to work on a rotational shift pattern.
- 24 hours call out support when required.
- Must be time a served engineer with minimum 5, ideally 10 years relevant experience.
- City & Guilds Mechanical Maintenance, NVQ/SVQ Level 3.
- ONC/HNC in Mechanical Engineering or related subject.
- Working knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Working knowledge of pumps and vacuum systems.
- General factory mechanical machinery, plant and equipment.
- Extensive practical experience in a similar role.
- Relevant health and safety training.
- Good diagnostic / fault finding skills.
- An ability to work well under pressure.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Team working skills.
- Working at height.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team