Mechanical Support Engineer - VR/28128
Currently recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Support Engineer on a contract basis for an E&P company based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire. It is a 6-month contract position, and the company are only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role. Hybrid working opportunities will be available.
Working within the Engineering and Reliability Team, the Mechanical Support Engineer will be responsible for the provision of technical/engineering advice and support in relation to mechanical activities, with a particular focus on performance of the Multi Phase Pumps (MPPs).
Reporting to the Engineering and Reliability Leader, the Mechanical Support Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing technical/engineering advice and support in relation to mechanical activities, both static and rotating, with a focus on Multi Phase Pumps (MPPs).
- Working with the asset Lead Mechanical Engineer to monitor and optimise the day-to-day performance of the MPPs, ensuring that any maintenance interventions are properly planned and executed, and being the point of contact for the existing MPP upgrade project.
- Preparing/reviewing scopes of work for modifications, ensuring they are correctly engineered, documented, and reported, and that all modifications are implemented in accordance with statutory/company standards and are correctly closed-out (including pre-commissioning and commissioning).
- Engaging with and managing vendors to execute scopes of work, ensuring that all planned interventions are successfully completed and are consistent with best health and safety practice. This will include post trip work review/wash up and close out.
- As required, providing support to the smart room and offshore teams for resolution of emerging issues, as well as RCA investigations.
- Liaising with and supporting GMOC vendor with execution of routine and larger, non-routine, maintenance interventions and corrective scopes.
- Previous experience in a similar Mechanical Support Engineer type role, directly within the North Sea oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Proven ability to understand process plant and equipment problems is essential.
- Applicants should have sound knowledge of offshore plant and equipment, as well as maintenance systems.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team